Chapter 4- Lothlörien Gifts

The Fellowship continued the journey, Aragorn running in front of them. Amara walked slowly, next to Frodo, who kept wiping his eyes to try and stop the continuos tears. They cross Dimrill Dale and enter the Woods of Lothlorien. Aragorn slowed down and they walk under the huge trees

"Stay close young Hobbits! They say there's a great sorceress lives in these woods. An Elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell..." Gimli whispered, ushering the hobbits closer to him. Amara smiled at the dwarfs antics.

"Well, here's one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!"

Suddenly, Gimli has an arrow pointed towards him. Lorien elves appear from behind the trees, aiming at the others as well. The Fellowship stops and look around, alarmed. Amara and Legolas were at the ready, their bows drawn to face the Lorien elves.

"Oh.." Gimli said. A blond haired elf stepped forward, a smug look on his face.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." Gimli let's out a low growl as the elf turned to Legolas, who had lowered his bow.

"Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion." {Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.}

"Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien." {Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien.} Legolas responded.

"A Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen." {And Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us.} Haldir stated, turning his eyes on Aragorn.

"Haldir." Aragorn greeted.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves! Speak words we can all understand!" Gimli growled.

"We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days." Haldir responded.

"And do you know what this Dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!" {I spit upon your grave!}

"Tôsed suh masos." {Stop such talk} Amara whispered to the dwarf, placing a hand on his shoulder. Haldir's eyes went to Amara.

"Amara Silverhood. Galadriel hi' mae fod a' lle meetien." {Galadriel has looked forward to your meeting.} Amara sent him a glare as the elf walked up to Frodo.

"You bring great evil with you. You can go no furthur." He stated to the Fellowship.

Sam and Pippin look accusingly at Frodo. Aragorn quietly argues with Haldir.

"Gandalf's death was not in vain. Nor would he have you give up hope. You carry a heavy burden, Frodo. Don't carry the weight of the dead." Boromir said to Frodo quietly. Amara turned to the hobbit. She moved in front of him and knelt down. Frodo looked to the side, avoiding her stare.

"Frodo. Frodo, look at me." The hobbit turned his red eyes to the elf dwarf. "I have experienced a lot of death in my life, and I have let it consume and change me. I am not the same person that join your uncle's company all those years ago. Do not let this change who you are, Frodo." Frodo nodded sorrowfully and Amara brought him into a tight embrace.

Aragorn and Haldir turned back to the group.

"You will follow me." Haldir instructed.

Haldir leads them through a set of paths in the woods until they are all on a hill overlooking Caras Galadhon.

"Caras Galadhon. The heart of Elvendom on earth. Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light."

The Fellowship arrives at Caras Galadhon. They walk up a winding stairway amongst the trees, towards the grand court of Galadriel and Celeborn. With a glow issuing forth from them, the Lord and Lady of Lothlórien descend to meet the Fellowship, hand in hand. Aragorn touches his head reverently in greeting. Amara lowered her head in a bow, and kept it there. The rest of the Fellowship looked up in awe.