Chapter 29- The Crownless Again Shall Be King

Frodo had not woken up yet.

Minas Tirith was buzzing with worry for the little hobbit. At first, no one knew who the little one was but his friends who all waited outside his room before a healer came out and said he was okay but wouldn't wake up.

Word traveled fast and soon everyone in the white city new of the brave hobbit. But his importance wasn't made clear until Aragorn announced that his coronation would take place once the hobbit was healed, no matter how long it took.

But still Frodo hadn't woken up.

Amara sat vigil outside his room, hardly ever moving, and when she did, she never strayed far.

Sam had woken up the night they brought the hobbits in. He too was worried for his friend and often paced the hall, not knowing what to do.

It felt weird and foreign for the hobbit to go back to a normal life. Sam's stomach wasn't used to always being full and he often got sick when he ate too much.

Merry and Pippin came by and asked every hour of Frodo had woken up yet. The answer was always no and they would trudge back down the hallway.

Amara looked up from her vigil one bright early morning as Gandalf walked into Frodo's room. The wizard often sat with Frodo in the early hours before the healers had gotten up, so it wasn't unusual for Amara to see him.

But today the Gandalf looked down at her with a twinkle in his eyes and he smiled. Amara stood up fully and cocked her head to the side.

"What are you up to?" She asked.

"I simply have a good feeling about today." The wizard said. "Not a cloud in the sky, sun shining bright. Yes, today will be a good day." With that said, the wizard stepped into Frodo's room. Amara remained standing, whipping around at the sound of footsteps.

Merry and Pippin stood in front of her, hopeful looks on their faces.

"Is Frodo awake?" Merry asked. Amara opened her mouth to say no when laughter echoed through the hall from Frodo's room. Merry and Pippin push passed Amara and run into the room.

"Frodo!" Merry shouts. Amara stepped up to the door right as Gimli walked up to her.

"What's all this noise about?" The dwarf grumbled.

"Frodo's awake!" Amara said excitedly. She ran into the room to see Merry and Pippin hugging and laughing with Frodo, sitting in his bed with him. The hobbit looked up as the elf dwarf entered.

"Amara!" He said excitedly. She rushed forward and hugged him tightly before taking a step back next to Gandalf. Gimli ran in behind her.

"Ahhh!" The dwarf cheered.

"Gimli!" Frodo greeted. Legolas came in soon after, nodding to Frodo in greeting. Her stood behind Amara with his arm around her shoulders. Aragorn walked in just behind the elf.

"Aragorn.." Frodo said. Merry and Pippin began recounting their own adventures with Frodo, reenacting each battle with him.

Then Frodo looked back at the door, not paying attention to Merry and Pippin as they pretended to sword fight. Amara turned to see Sam standing in the doorway, his face littered in small scratches. He was smiling widely at the sight of Frodo, awake and well.

The elf dwarf felt a tear fall down her cheek she wiped it away quickly, overwhelmed by the happiness in the room.

--

Amara stood next to Gimli as everyone filed into the courtyard, the people buzzing with excitement.

The crowd fell silent as Aragorn stepped out in the open, dressed in ceremonial armor. Amara carefully picked up the velvet pillow that held the kings crown.

Aragonr knelt in front of Gandalf, his face frozen in fear. Amara stepped up next to the wizard and cast the once ranger and smile and a wink. He smiled back instantly. Gandalf picked up the crown and raised it high in the air for all to see. Then he lowered it, placing it lightly on Aragorn's head.

"Now come the days of the King." He bellowed, followed by a quieter, "May they be blessed." He moves back and Aragorn walks up the steps and turns towards the people. The crowd erupted into deafening cheers.

"This day does not belong to one man, but to all. Let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in the days of peace." He said clearly. The people cheer and clap again. Amara took a back, standing next to Gimli who looked up in wonder as petals fall down upon them. 

Silence falls once again as Aragorn begins to sing the song of Elendil. 

"Et Erello Endorenna ut lien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn Ambar-metta!" {Out if the great sea to Middle Earth I am come. In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the end of the world.}
As the song came to an end, He walks down towards the people. Amara followed closely behind him along with Gandalf and Gimli.

As Aragorn walks by Faramir and Eowyn bow low to him. Eomer, who is now King of Rohan also bows low to him. The elves approach him and he puts his hand on Legolas shoulder. 

"Hannon le." {Thank you.} Legolas smiles and nods slightly, indicating behind him with his eyes. Aragorn looks behind Legolas. He sees a banner with a white tree. Arwen appears from behind it. Elrond whispers to Arwen from behind.

She moves forward towards Aragorn. Aragorn moves towards her. He takes the banner from her. She has tears in her eyes and she lowers her head. He lifts her face towards him holding her chin. She smiles at him. Aragorn looks at her and then clasps her in a passionate kiss, lifting her up and turning around with her as he does so. Everyone began to clap.

Aragorn set her down gently and they joined hands. They continue walking. Legolas stood besidd Amara, taking her and and intertwining their fingers, bring her hand to his lips. They walk behind Aragorn and Arwen and come to the Hobbits. They all bow to Aragorn.

"My friends" Aragorn said, each hobbit looking up at him. "you bow to no one." He kneels down in front of them. Amara kneels down almost instantly, Legolas following suit. Everyone around them bowed before the four hobbits.

Each hobbit looked around in shock and almost embarrassment as they now looked down on everyone rather than up. Amara cast a glance at Frodo,  who looked the most overwhelmed and she sent him an encouraging smile, mouth the words "thank you" to him. He nodded, though still unsure at the attention he was being given.

All was well.