Chapter 24- The Long Expected Confession

Amara stood up and called the guards over.

"Take Faramir somewhere safe and see to it that a physician looks after him."

"Yes, my lady." One of them said before helping the other pick Faramir up and carry him from the room. Gandalf whipped around to look at Amara.

"I thought I told you to rest."

"And I told you I would not." Amara said holding her sword at the ready. "Now are we to stand around talking all day or are we going to kill some orc scum?" Gandalf smirked slightly and reared Shadowfax.

His horse galloped from the room, Amara and Pippin following the wizard closely.

They had barely left the courtyard when Gandalf noticed knights flooding through the gates.

"There's too many of them!" One of the men shouted.

"Barricade the doors! Rohan's armies have come to our aid." Gandalf instructed. The knights quickly forced the doors closed, the Uruk-hai pushing hard against the other side. The men scurried to find wooden planks to seal the doors.

Amara ushered Pippin behind a short stone wall and drew his sword for him.

"Stay here. No matter what happens, no matter what you hear, keep yourself safe. You hear me?" She passed the sword to his hands.

"I will.. but Lady Amara..what about you?"

"Don't worry over me, little one." She kissed the halflings forehead gently before standing up and walking towards the walls.

"Amara! What are you doing?" Gandalf shouted. Amara paid him no mind, sheathing her sword and beginning to scale the wall. Once at the top, she overlooked the taken city. The bodies of men and women and children lay covering the stone floors.

Uruks and creatures alike scurried through the city like ants, cutting down any who stood in their way.

"Amara!" Gandalf shouted again. Asmara turned to look at the old wizard.

"I cannot sit idly by and watch others innocently die." She shouted back.

"Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are here. They armies behind them. They have it sorted." Gandalf reasoned. Amara merely shrugged.

"They need all the help they can get." She said simply before diving down into the chaos below her. Amara drew her sword and her legs planted themselves around an Uruks shoulders. As it stumbled around dumbly, Amara swung her sword around her, beheading the Orcs around her. The Uruk below her grabbed hold of her and flung her off into the frenzy.

Amara recovered quickly and stayed low, slicing and stabbing at any Orc that came after her. She moved against the crowd, fighting her way out as one in an army of thousands. An Uruks blade found it's way to her back and she screamed, turning and killing it where it stood. She then ran for the stone wall of a building, scaling it and hopping from roof to roof. She replaced her sword with her bow and arrows, picking the orcs off from above.

When she dove back into the crowd, she was at the entrance into Minas Tirith. Amara pushed through until she was out of Minas Tirith and no longer alone in her battle. Rohan soldiers surrounded her, not outnumbering the countess Orcs but putting up quite the fight.

Amara quickly switched to her sword and joined Rohan in the fight. All the while, she searched for familiar faces, looking for one more than the others. However, she could not see the distinct blond hair of the elvish prince. Her heart ached in a way Amara wasn't familiar with. And she longed to see Legolas again, hoping when she did that he would be alive and well.