Epilogue- Into the West

Amara fell into married life ungracfully. There were nights when she was restless, wandering the White City aimlessly until Legolas found her and led her back to their small cottage. She would wake up drenched in sweat, her mind reeling with memories. And Legolas would often be the same way, and they would hold each other tightly until they had fallen back to sleep.

Both warriors minds were damaged and unrepairable. The things they had seen and done could not be forgot even in this now peaceful age that Middle Earth had entered into. But they had each other and that was enough for the both of them.

Years had passed before the two finally convinced each other and themselves that this was an age of peace. It was then that they were blessed with a child.

Leithian Greenleaf was raised by two of the greatest warriors in Middle Earth. And it showed. From the moment he could walk, Amara placed a bow in his hands and Legolas taught him how to shoot. It was no wonder when he decided to train to be a knight of Minas Tirith.

When Leithian reached his third year of life, Amara was surprised with twins.

Adsiel and Aster Greenleaf caused trouble from the moment they were born. Despite their more Elven complexion, they inherited their mother's dwarven roots. They too were taught how to fight, though they both leaned more towards battleaxes and brute strength rather than the bow and arrows that their brother favored.

Leithian, Adsiel, and Aster grew up to be as great as their parents. When Leithian reached adulthood, he decided to remain in Minas Tirith, serving as a knight. He found a wife in Aragorn's oldest daughter.

Adsiel decided she wanted to learn more about her mother's people and journeyed to Erebor, wanting to know everything about the Battle of the Five Armies. There, she made a life for herself.

Lastly, Aster left to meet his only living grandparent, Thranduil. While the elf king remained close minded to the mixed blood running through Aster's veins, the rest of the Woodland Realm welcomed him. It took years before Thrandiul granted Aster audience with him.

It was then that Thrandiul agreed to see Legolas and Amara again. He met them in Minas Tirith. Their relationship never mended fully, but Thrandiul extended an apology and reinstated Legolas as prince and heir to the throne of the Woodland Realm. 

The time came for Aragorn to leave this world. Amara and Legolas grieved for him just as any old friends would. It was then that they both felt a pull to the undying lands. Bidding farewell to their children The three were sad to see them go, but they understood their parents need to leave. Legolas and Amara journeyed to the coast with haste, finding their old friend, Gimli, along the way. Together they sailed over the Sea to be met with a new home into the west.

And the Fellowship came to an end in Middle Earth.

A Shattered Life (LOTR/Legolas Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें