Chapter 31- An Unexpected Guest

Amara swallowed her worry and tried to smile as they walked outside. But all anxieties left her as she spotted Legolas standing at the altar, dressed in a silver tunic. The side braids that usually tied his hair back were undone and his hair was flowing freely. His eyes were bright and he smiled widely when he saw Amara.

Amara returned the smile without hesitation, noticing Legolas seemed to be tearing up slightly. The elf dwarf tuned everything else out except for the elven prince and suddenly her and Aragorn came to a stop at the altar. Aragorn released Amara's arm and bowed slightly. Legolas stepped down and took Amara's other arm, walking her up the altar.

Aragorn took his seat beside Arwen. Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin sat on his other side. Gimli sat beside them. Gandalf stood in front of Legolas and Amara, a smile on his face as he looked at the two lovers.

"Let us begin." The wizard said. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Legolas Greenleaf of the Woodland Realm and Amara Silverhood. In their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one. If any person can show just cause why these two may not wed - let them speak now or forever hold their peace." There was silence, so Gandalf opened his mouth to continue when the grand doors opened. Gasps rippled through the crowd as everyone turned around. Legolas held tight to Amara's hand as they both turned to see an unexpected guest.

King Tranduil stood in the doorway, dressed in far fancier clothes than even Legolas and Amara. His crown sat upon his head and his piercing blue eyes lock immediately on Amara. The elf dwarf squirmed under his gaze and Legolas took a step in front of her, blocking her from his fathers stare.

Tranduil didn't say a word as he walked up the center aisle and took a seat towards the back. When no one moved, he waved his hand in a "continue" gesture. Legolas and Amara slowly turned their attention back to Gandalf. The wizard cleared his throat before continuing.

"I have had the privilege of journeying with both Amara and Legolas in our Fellowship to destory the One Ring. I watched first hand as they helped each other mend their own broken hearts and find love once more together. Amara, you may recite your vows." Amara  nodded and looked up at Legolas.

"Amin, Amara, sana lle, Legolas, a' be amin husband, Mellonamin, amin voronda partner ar' Melamin tuulo' sina re fil.  E' i' par'ill lye nosse ar' Mellonea, amin offer lle amin so alla a' be lle voronda paner e' sess ar' e' hel, e' quel tes ar' e' bad, ar' e' alasse' vee' eithel vee' e' hiraetha.  Amin vesta mel- lle nall, tolk- lle e' lle goals, a' hor ar' rell lle, lal- yassen lle ar' nalla yassen lle, ar' a' cis lle ten' vee' an vee' lye yuuyo sa coia re forl." { I, Amara, take you, Legolas, to be my husband, my friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence our friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.} Amara didn't care that a majority of those present couldn't understand her, her words were for Legolas and Legolas only.

Gandalf  smiled and turned to Legolas.

"Legolas, you may recite your own vows." The elf nodded and cast a glance at Gimli, who nodded encouragingly. Amara tilted her head and both the dwarf and the elf in question. The answer came moments later when Legolas began to speak in stuttering dwarvish.

"Tha Legolas, hak othok Amara oz Mer tha wife, tha partnrumm Nir Anym Nar tha ein tak Nogazen. Tha var hal oka vlak Nar Nogazen othok ma ech Lakh han Tha id da Lakh Den Kezzan. Tha var tu othok Nar akyth othok, lagh ulro othok Nar cr ulro othok, lovuroz othok fak thoh Thorok tik Nar Vad, red eron da oac thamar mak fac togethrumm. Tha ge othok tha had, tha Amoruk, Nar tha Nogazen, fok anek Lakh fard Yoth as othak as thamar both nock livu." {I Legolas, take you Amara to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.}