Chapter 28- The End of All Things

Amara sliced across the chest of an orc before spinning and driving the blade into another's skull. She threw a dagger into anothers heart.

The orcs kept coming at her, but she easily kept them at bay. She caught sight of each of her friends fighting around her. Despite their best efforts, they had yet to make a noticeable dent in the orc army. It was like the creatures multiplied in seconds.

Amara backed up, her back hitting another being. She turned to see Legolas there.

"Duck!" She said just as Legolas said, "Jump!"

The elf dwarf sprung into the air, shooting an arrow at the orc who was directly behind Legolas. In the same moment, Legolas had ducked low to the ground, swinging one of his short swords underneath Amara and slicing the orcs chest that had been crawling towards Amara.

Amara's feet hit solid ground and Legolas stood up straight again.

"Marry me?" The elf asked breathlessly as he turned around, beheading an orc.

"Gladly." Amara responded, tossing two daggers in opposite directions, both hitting their marks in the necks of two orcs. Legolas quickly grabbed Amara by her waist and kissed her lips. Amara kissed him back before pulling away quickly and spinning around, her sword cutting into the throats of every orc around her. Legolas nodded with a smile before disappearing into the battle again.

Amara turned to cut down another orc when a pair of huge talons grabbed it, flinging it into the air. Amara looked up to see great eagles flying above the battle, plucking orcs out of the battle.

"The Eagles! The Eagles are coming!" She heard Pippin shout from somewhere, and that took her back to the day Bilbo shouted those same words. In that moment, Amara faltered. She remembered the day her first love died. The pain suddenly flooded back to her, in the same waves as back then.

The distraction caused her moves to slow and she was knocked down by a massive cave troll. It roared down at her, placing a giant foot on her chest. Amara gasped for breath as she twisted and turned to try and escape. Her hand reached down for a dagger, fingers wrapping successfully around the handle.

"Amara!" She heard a shout.

Legolas' eyes were wide as he saw Amara go down. And when she didn't come back up, he knew something was wrong. He struggled against the crowd, trying to reach her, but the orcs were persistent in keeping him at bay.

Amara pulled the dagger out and stabbed it into the foot of the troll. It let out another roar, but didn't relent. It raised its wooden club. Amara moved her head to the side just as it slammed the club into the ground. The side scrapped her cheek open.

The elf dwarf threw the dagger into the belly of the troll and it staggered back. Amara scrambled away, but the troll recovered and grabbed her by her feet. As he picked her up high above the ground, a deafening screech sounded. Amara's hands went to her ears.

The cave troll threw her to the side and ran off. Amara looked up wearily to see the Eye flared up and looking frantically from left to right.

Legolas reached Amara's side, brushing his thumb over the gash on her cheek.

"I'm fine." Anara said breathlessly.

"It's not to deep." Legolas confirmed, looking at Amara and smiling. "Nothing we can't handle."

The tower of Barad Dür began to collapse. Gandalf watches with tears in his eyes. The tower collapses to the ground. The Eye of Sauron explodes sending a huge shockwave outwards. 

"YES!" Amara shouted, raising her fist in the air, standing up next to Legolas. Tears stream down her face.

"Frodo!" Amara sees Merry shout. "Frodo!" He cheers on gleefully.  
The Black gate begins to collapse. Orcs try to run away, but the ground below them gives way. They are all destroyed. Amara hugged Legolas tightly.