Chapter 2: Perfect Girls Don't Run Forever

2 Days ago...

"Are you sure you want this?" Issac had his hand on Cat's shoulder reassuringly. "We can always just get a house in the town, there is no need to force yourself to room with strangers-"

"Cuz it's unbecoming of someone my station?" Cat finished, rolling her eyes.

"I'm serious Miss, you have no idea how to take care of yourself. No offence, Miss,"

Cat knew this was true, she always had someone do chores for her back at the palace, the maids would come and go as they dusted and cleaned the room. Clothes would be laid out on the bed for her to wear that day and baths would be prepped for her, Cat has never used a shower before, much less clean.

"I want to do this, I want to be a little more independent before I can take my place as the future queen of Floeya. I'll learn, I can even get my roommate to teach me," Cat's slightly whiny tone only made Issac sigh in defeat.

Issac and Cat had been staying at a hotel in the town, one that had many other chains in the world, the Crowne Hotel. Issac had taken along with him some credit cards that were untraceable and got to bring his car along as well, that way they didn't run out of expenses, however, Issac still had to find a job; to occupy himself. He can't worry about the young princess twenty-four hours a day, she has always been like a younger sister to him. Cat's parents wouldn't dare to cut off her spending, they wouldn't want to cause more harm than they already had.

He was appointed as her attendant when he was ten and Cat was four, the Windshires have served the Rainbell royal family for generations, it was a great honour to be able to be appointed as an attendant to the heir of Floeya. He took care of young Cat from then on, always making sure that she was treated like the princess she was, nothing was too good for her.

They walked into the principal's office and took a seat in the brown leather chairs that were in the room, the principal himself hasn't made an appearance yet. The door opened behind them with a creak, the man that called himself the principal of Swanford Academy sat across from them, a large oak desk separating the three. Trophies and awards adorned the shelves, there were more from what Cat saw in the glass display outside. For such a small academy they still took part in a lot of competitions, don't they?

"So Mr Howards you are the guardian of Caterina Howards?" The principal was probably in his early fifties he had a beer belly, with salt and pepper hair.

That was their alias, Howards, it could be considered identity theft but Issac said that he was sure that there were like tons of Howards in the world, Caterina wouldn't know that.

"Yes, I'm the older brother of Miss Caterina here. You see, Principal Boyce, our parents were recently killed in a car accident a while back, we just moved here to where we hear they used to live. Well, Caterina's mother at least, we're not blood-related." Issac confirmed a polite smile on his face.

They couldn't be, one look and you could tell there were no similarities between Caterina and her current 'brother', Issac had blonde hair and green eyes compared to Caterina's red and blue, their facial features didn't match either. To throw off suspicion, Issac came up with the whole, non-blood related siblings lie, he had downloaded his story into Caterina.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Principal Boyce said, however, his voice carried no sympathy.

"Yes, well I'm in charge of Caterina now. Can we please get the paperwork done and then I can help get my sister settled into the dorms," Issac didn't let his annoyance show, so neither did Cat.

"Of course, by the way, I do need to inform you Miss Howards; you will be staying in a co-ed dorm, but, you don't seem to have a roommate. I hope that's alright," Principal Boyce pushed the papers towards Issac with his index finger.