Chapter 6- Perfect Girls Compromise

Back in Floeya...

Jackson Rainbell has had a hard time calming down his wife, Eloise who was still sobbing as the search continued for their daughter, Caterina. The matter that the princess has fled the country has not been released to the press, no doubt the news would cause even greater unrest.

"It's all my fault, I should have made more time for her. Prepared her better. I'm a failure as a mother..." Eloise's eyes were downcast as she voiced this to her husband.

Jack hated seeing her like this, Eloise has been blaming herself for Cat's disappearance but, never even considered him into the equation, it wasn't her fault; it was his. He was the one that insisted that they waited until the last minute to tell Cat about her betrothed, he was the one that didn't make time for their daughter.

Eloise has become somewhat of a recluse upon Cat's leave, she had refused to eat her daily meals and no longer does her share of the work, she hasn't appeared at any interviews or meetings. She wouldn't even talk to Jack anymore, which was why he thought it better to just leave her be for the time being and focus a chunk of resources into finding Cat. The family had made sure some of their credit cards would be untraceable just in case they needed to escape with haste. Issac swiped a couple and the council has yet to find out which ones.

Jack has yet to address the media on the current state of the royal family and has been trying to delay it for as long as he possibly can, but he needs to make a statement soon. The Diala family will not be happy about any of it. The Diala family has have been a loyal supporter of the Rainbell royal family for generations, living in the Quarts village, they are the second richest family in the country. With their backing and creditability, it would make the Rainbell royalties look better in the eyes of the media.

Cat was going to get married to their third son, Austin Diala, who was one of the more humbler ones the family and although they had never met, Austin was infatuated with the princess. Jack would sometimes find himself thinking if their relationship would ever turn up like his, he and Eloise were comfortable around each other, but that was about it.

They eventually grew closer as the years went on by and became each other's confidants and best friends, it took them a while to get to where they were but, Jack says it was all worth it. Now that so many decades have gone by, Jack thought the whole tradition thing was overrated, his advisors thought it best to abide by it. Then again, Cat has always been her own person, no matter how many times she exceeds expectations, she always wanted her own personality.

"Sir, you have a call," Jack didn't like having secretaries, his advisors were already annoying enough, still there were just too many things to handle all by himself.

"From?" Jack didn't bother looking up from his paperwork.

"Issac,"

Jack was about to fall off from his chair, he ended up shoving a bunch of the papers off the table when he had tried to steady himself, his secretary seemed concerned but made no move to help.

"Cancel all my meetings for today," He declared, trying to seem composed. "Now put him on the screen,"

With a tap of a button, an unknown number flashed across the large screen in his workroom, Jack dismissed his secretary with a wave. Whatever Issac had to say concerned about Jack, he always knew the boy was resourceful, seeing how he got Cat out of the country undetected.

"Mr Rainbell?" That was Issac's voice alright.

"Issac. Yes it's me, why are you calling? Where's Cat?" Jack was speaking so fast even he didn't know what he said.

"Sir, I'm calling about that. I need you to stop seeking us, your stressing her out. She's finally at a place where she can experience something she never had in Floeya: independence. She doesn't even want me to tend to her anymore, well at least not like I used to. I feel like she needs this, this time to find herself, this time to decide who she wants besides her. I also don't support your decision on her supposed fiance,"