Chapter 12-Perfect Girls Read Fiction

What on earth was he doing here? In Swanford of all places? And to the extent that he had to change his name to Lucas Lionheart? Did he remember her?

Cat had far more questions swarming her mind, however, she was rooted to the ground, not daring to move away from Andrain and closer to the man who almost sold her, that's right she still remembered that.

"My my, little Kitty Cat is all grown up." Luis... Lucas? Cat didn't care, she just knew she didn't like the man.

"Is he talking to you?" Andrian's whispered, his eyes still on Lucas.

Cat couldn't even find it in herself to form words, it was if someone took an eraser to her mind and wiped it clean, she could only nod meekly.

"Answer me! Issac?" Vera grabbed Issac's shoulders and forced him to turn to her, her navy eyes filled with so many emotions, they were impossible to list.

"You must be her new lap dog, hows that treating ya? You even left your post, to instead guard her." Lucas threw a glance at Vera, she didn't even acknowledge him. "You aren't being paid enough."

"Who is he?" Vera asked slowly, Issac couldn't bring himself to meet her eyes.

"So I can assume the rest of you are out of the loop? You don't need to hear my story, just type up the name Caterina Rain-"

"Shut the fuck up you scum." Cat's eyes widen as she glanced up at Andrain, she has never seen this side of him before, his light brown eyes were dark with anger as he narrowed them at Lucas. "What gives you the right to pry into her business like that?"

Lucas burst into laughter, suddenly, he switched to his serious mode again, his black eyes meeting Andrain's, the younger man didn't back down. The tension in the atmosphere was thick enough to cut with a knife, they can't start anything here, even if all the others would undoubtedly back Andrain, Lucas would be dumb to not call for his own reinforcements.

"Don't get involved in this kids," Issac finally said, he gently lifted Vera's hand off his arm, she didn't even flinch. "Don't listen to a word he says."

"We're not children," George stated, he didn't know what was going on at all, why Lucas would be familiar with Cat, apart from Cat herself, Issac and Lucas, no one knew.

"Is something going on here?" A burly middle-aged man, who had on the typical police uniform walked up to the group. Sheriff Briar. Cat didn't know much about him, apparently, he was appointed quite recently and happened to be a distant relative of Vera's. "I would appreciate if you lot didn't loiter around the area." Sheriff Briar's gaze was directed at Lucas, who shrugged and mounted his bike before taking off. "You folks better not get involved with that Lionheart kid, especially you Vera, I can't bear to see you like that again."

 Vera didn't even answer before she walked off, Issac hesitated and shot a pleading look at Cat, the redhead nodded to indicate her approval. The blonde turned heel and chased after Vera.

"Better be heading home now y'all." Sheriff Briar got into his car and drive off without another word.

Cat didn't want to leave Andrain's warm embrace just yet, he seemed to be thinking the same as he squeezed her forearms. Still, Cat was the one to push herself off his chest, she had tons of questions and not enough answers.

"You heard the man, we should be making our way back now anyway." Andrain led Cat away and the rest of the boys followed, except Damien, since he lived outside the dorms, he headed in the opposite direction.

——-

Cat was basically dragged all the way to the dorms, her mind was abuzz with unanswered questions, she let Andrain hold her arm until they got back. Karl and George were chatting or complaining until they left upon reaching their floor, she didn't even get a chance to say goodbye, maybe they were still stunned as she was.