Chapter 19- Perfect Girls Deserve Happiness

I'm renouncing your position as a royal knight.

Issac was beyond shocked when he heard this, he was unable to say anything, his tongue wouldn't even move. Cat floated by him, her head held high, shoulders back, her words were absolute, she was giving him an order; as his princess. He would never be not amazed by her, to be able to speak words with so much conviction, despite being a broken mess just a few hours ago. 

He clenched his fists, his jaw tightened. Vera came out of the guest room a few minutes later, she saw Issac standing completely still in the middle of the hallway. She tapped his shoulder and he spun around.

"Is something wrong?" She inquired. 

"Nothing," He says. "Is she asleep?"

"She seemed very drained, I wanted her to change first but she just fell on the bed and was out like a light."

"We don't need to disturb her then."

There's no way he can tell her just yet, he was still trying to process it all himself. Dan is dead and he is no longer Caterina Rainbell's attendant and royal knight. It was all too much, he took hold of Vera's hand and he pulled her to the living room, she let him tug her along wordlessly. This day was too hectic, all he wanted was to spend time with his fiancee. Their fingers were intertwined as they sat in silence, it was a comfortable kind of quiet.

Vera was the first to break it. "I'll go make us some milk, you need your rest." She smiled softly and him before heading into the kitchen.

A loud crash came from the kitchen a few minutes later, Issac rushed in to see Vera shivering in a corner of the kitchen, her eyes were wide and diluted as she looked up at him. Broken pieces of glass at her feet, she shattered one of the mugs.

"I'll clean it up!" Her voice was cracking as if she could break down at any second. "I'm sorry... Please, don't hurt me..." She was curled up into a tight ball as if she didn't even remember where she was as if she didn't recognize Issac.

How could he have been so foolish? Of course, she was still scared, he failed to remember that the only other relationship she ever had was with Lucas, who would physically harm her almost all the time. No matter how hard she tried to hide it by acting brash and flamboyant, she still's still afraid.

"Vera," Issac crouched next to her, not caring about the shattered mug in front of her. "It's me, Issac."

She was still shaking, her eyes downcast, hugging herself. Without thinking twice, he wrapped his arms around her and started to run his hands through her silky black hair. "Shh... you're safe, Vera. You're safe. I'm here. I love you. I'm never letting you go. Come back to me my love, you're fine." He spoke softly next to her ear.

"I-Issac?" Her stormy eyes were clear now, she was leaning into him. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't apologise, you did nothing wrong. It was an accident."

"I'm so glad I'm marrying you."

"Yeah well, your gonna be stuck with me for the rest of your life."

"Don't make me regret saying yes."

Issac got up, offering a hand to Vera. "Let's clean this up." Vera took it.

-----

George could feel the anger radiating from Andrain. He picked the short stick and was made to clean with Andrain, thankfully only the living room was stained with blood. When he first saw the crime scene, George almost threw up, just the thought of the smearing Dan's blood on the walls was enough to make him gag. He wondered how Andrain was able to remain stone-faced through all of this. He was trying to be strong for Caterina. They had already packed Dan's body into a shoe box that they had lying around, honestly, Andrain hasn't even taken the time to grieve yet.