- 42 -

#DAWLucas

The moment I got out of my room, I heard the thing that I least wanted the most.

"Lucas." She said with a faint voice.

So I tried my best to look at her with cold eyes. I didn't move, pero pilit siyang lumapit sakin.

"Ka-kamusta na?" She asked.

I just stood there, but damn. I badly want to hug her and talk to her.

"Kausapin mo naman ako oh. Ano bang problema?"

"Lucas. You asked me something right? You asked me to love you back?"

I can clearly see how she breathes. Alam kong mahirap gawin to para sa kanya, pero ako din naman, nahihirapan. I've been feeling this way for very long time now, and it is getting hard for me to try and stay away from her. Natatakot akong madamay siya sa mga problema ko. But what she's doing right now will not help me. She just keeps on tempting me.

Tinignan ko siya, sa mata. Konti na lang, bibigay na ako. Please don't do this Venice.

"Then why don't you help me Lucas? You game of push and pull just makes me crazy as hell." She said.

I... was... shocked. But I tried my best to not show her.

"If you think staying away from me would stop me from letting myself into you. Well, nagkakamali ka Lucas. You started this. You dragged me with you, and you said you'll keep dragging me. Then why are you stopping now?" She asked.

But still, I didn't answer. I don't want to, but my heart is beating wild in my chest. Just one more, Venice... Say something, and I'll take as a sign. I don't care what happens, but if you say something once more...

"Don't stop Lucas. Help me get there. You dragged me with you and I know for sure. I'm half way there Lucas."

There it is. I stood there for seconds, minutes. Trying to see if she will leave. But when she was about to leave, I grabbed her then looked into her eyes...

"Wha--?"

I'm sorry Venice. I'm sorry for letting you into my world.

Then I kissed her.

--

From: Lucas

Where are you?

I texted her to know if she's okay. Nandito kasi ako sa bahay nila ngayon, fixing some things with her cousin, Michael.

"So have you digged in anything?" I asked.

Umiling siya, "Mahirap. Greg's documents were only up to when it all happened. After that, wala na akong mahanap pa. It's like he doesn't exist in this world anymore."

"Paanong hindi?" I asked, confused. Then my phone vibrated, but I quickly ignored the message. "Ano bang kakaiba ang nahanap mo?"

"He had a death certificate." He said, that made me crease my forehead. Then he shrugged, "I'll just get some snacks." He said then went out. Ibinalik ko yung atensyon ko sa laptop kung saan nandoon yung mga files na nahanap ni Mickey, then there it was, Greg's fake death certificate. Agad akong tumayo para sana lumabas, pero mula sa hagdanan, nakita kong pumapasok si Venice sa bahay, and it made me stop.

"Oy cousin! Ginabi na ng uwi ah?" Michael said as soon as she entered the house.

"May meeting kasi." She said with a beautiful smile on her face. But when they were approaching the stairs, bumalik agad ako sa kwarto para magtago. But I kept the door slightly open, enough for me to hear their conversation.