14. Here To Listen*

Edited*

Dedicated to : @starwarsfan20 @bhadiebbg (For being so supportive and amazing.)

Drive to Jay's house wasn't that long. Anne and Gemma just followed after Zayn's car and they were getting out of their cars in no time. Jay still kept her head hanging low and snuggling further into Liam's jacket. Anne had a slight idea on what might have happened but she wasn't so sure.

Louis was still sleeping in Harry's hands and Harry brought him to his room. He laid Louis down on the bed and covered him with his blanket which is blue with little red and white spaceships printed on it. It was one of the three covers that he allows Jay to put on his bed. Putting another cover might lead to a frustrated tantrum. As Harry did this he heard someone leading Jay to her room. He assumed it was Liam.

He walked downstairs after tucking Louis into bed and sat next to Zayn who was talking with Anne quietly. He let out a sigh and shot out the question that was swirling around his mind. "So, what has happened? Did she say something?"

"No, She didn't. But I have a slight idea on what might have happened but I can't just assume things. So it's just an idea." Anne pause before continuing. "I... I think it's rape or almost being raped." 

Everyone in the room except Anne gasped. Anne continues, "Well, I have met some people with this situation in my job and I know what their behavior is like. And She flinched away when I touched her knee the other time and she tries to keep herself protected and her head hung low. So... it's pretty much it. I can't confirm anything though. It can be anything." She finished her little assumption after adding her experience as a psychologist.

"God..." Zayn's thoughts ran wild. "She'd not be able to look after Louis with being so down herself. Whatever it is, it has hit her hard." Zayn said, looking down.

 As Harry was about to talk, Liam came down the stairs with tears filled eyes. Zayn quickly got up and cuddled his husband into his chest. Liam let few tears roll down his cheek and looked at Zayn.

"She just said that she wanna take a shower and went in. I'm scared Zee. Her voice was so cold and her face was emotionless. I don't know what happened. God, this makes me worry so much." He said. Zayn let out a sigh.

"I think it's better if you talk to her Anne. Since you are experienced and all. And you are a woman too. If what you said earlier is the case, she'd be more comfortable with you." Zayn said. Anne nodded and stood up from her seat next to Gemma. Halfway up the stairs she realized that she had no idea where Jay's room is. So she called Harry up and he led her to Jay's room. 

Just as Harry went past Louis' room, he heard Louis let out a loud frustrated sound. Harry quickly went in, not wanting to trigger anything for Jay. He picked the boy up and set him on his lap. He obviously has woken up and his bedside lamp has been on the floor, which has made him upset. He pointed it to Harry and Harry placed it on its right place. Louis was bit antsy after that. So Harry decided to bring him downstairs, to give Jay and Anne some peace.

-

Anne sat on Jay's bed waiting for Jay to come out of her shower. She could clearly hear loud sobs from the bathroom but she just left Jay to cry it all out.

After like 10 more minutes, Anne decided that it's enough crying, because that can lead to a point where Jay think too much. So she walked up to the bathroom door and softly knocked. "Hey, Jay. It's Anne. Wanna come out of there for a bit?" She asked in a soft and convincing voice not wanting to startle the mentally injured women.

After like 5 more minutes Jay opened the door. Fully dressed and head hung low.

"Hi, let's take a seat and talk for a while. Yeah?" Anne asked smiling. Even though Jay didn't look at Anne she could tell that she was so genuine about this. So she nodded and sat on her bed. Anne sat next to her.