+16 ― Ultimately Rejected

Joon Hyung POV

It had been 4 days that I hadn't heard anything from Su Min after confessing how I felt about her.

It had my head spinning to think that I had enough balls to even make that approach to her in the first place.

After what Dad said about me getting married, I thought of the impossible. I mean, Su Min was a girl who I was so comfortable to chill with like my other mates, I had even grown oblivious to my own feelings that I had developed for her.

As I stared at my lifeless face reflected by the mirror, I made my daily routine of washing up and getting dressed as I made my decision to meet Su Min again to see what she had thought of my confession.

My ego was confident in her accepting me though you cant always trust such feelings in matters such as relationships. Who knows, maybe she would dump me and date one of her reckless neighbours living next door instead.

After the long drive on the road, I finally made a stop near Su Min's house, dragging the bag of cookies that mum had baked last night for me.

I felt nervous to even look at Su Min the same, which was probably why those days I had brought food for her to eat and get distracted from talking to me.

Within seconds I was standing in front of Su Min's house on the carpark outside her garage as my teeth slightly chattered until I noticed a young boy, slim and slightly tall in figure.

"Excuse me, are you also meeting Su Min?" I asked with courtesy but was returned with silence and a tremble from the anonymous figure.

"Hey, are you alright?" I went to pat his arm but he snatched his arm with force and vigorously. I guess I was being too overly generous to a stranger in which I had only met seconds ago.

"I don't think I am when all I've been thinking about these months is having my brother's friend living next door!" His head turned to face me, my mind getting flustered after witnessing my young brother in front of me.

"Yah, you're Su Min's neighbour?!" I questioned him with anxiousness as he watched me with pure unsatisfaction.

"So you've been causing all this chaos for her haven't you?" I slightly raised my voice at him, his expressions beginning to become lost.

"You're not even going to say how I am? How I've been this whole time?" He asked me in a soft tone that made me watch his vulnerable state.

"Why should I when for the past 20 years of my life all I've done is tried to get you somewhere and you turned your back at us and became a nobody!" I yelled at him bluntly as his eyes never left me.

"So what? At least I graduated from high school like you, Mum and Dad wanted! It's because of family grudges that people often give up on family, and I guess I'll be doing that from now on!" He yelled back in my face, giving me a push though he seemed awfully calm.

"You know, ever since last week that Su Min found out that I'm your brother, she treats me differently now. You've brought upon me other people's pity and I can't stand that," Jeongguk's eyes gave a sharp glare, his frown tight as my right hand grabbed his arm firmly.

"Su Min what? She—She knows you're my brother? How the hell does she know?" I eagerly pulled him in closer for an answer but my arm was swung away from him.

"Because I found out." Su Min's voice echoed as a shiver travelled down my spine.

She never made me feel nervous, insecure about myself or even think twice about the situation I was put through.

"I thought you didn't know my name Jeongguk but I guess I was wrong," Su Min smiled warmly at Jeongguk who awkwardly leaned against the garage door.

"So you heard the convo," I began talking as she nodded, stretching her arms with elegancy.

"This is getting out of hand," Su Min quickly brought her hands to her sides before facing me.

"I can't Joon Hyeong. I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way that you do." She replied instantly yet it seemed restricted as I stood dumbfounded, especially with Jeongguk keeping in his laughter after I was rejected in within seconds before talking.

"Is there someone else on your mind, that's why?" Jeongguk slipped his arms around Su Min's neck as she pushed him away.

"I guess so. Joon Hyeong you're my best friend I mean getting into a relationship with you will just make everything so awkward. Don't you think?" Su Min rubbed her arm while giving a nervous look which I lightened up, forcefully.

"I getcha. Maybe I've fallen for the wrong person myself." I kept myself looking persistent as I took two steps backwards, clutching onto the bag of cookies.

"I'll see you later then Su Min," I smiled before doodling as fast as I could back to my car.

I felt embarrassed but most of all, I felt ultimately rejected.