Chapter 6 - Laurene's POV

^^ Laurence's clubbing outfit ❤️ hope you enjoy!

I am SO angry with my father and Ellison and his father right now. They are treating me like an object that needs to be controlled and contained, and completely leaving my feelings out of the equation. All Ellison and his father want me for is to produce an heir for their company. It actually sickens me to the core – their thinking is so old fashioned and vile. I am an independent woman; women cannot be expected just to sit at home and look after kids, they should have the same respect as men as owners of businesses. I only need my closet, best friends and a manicure to feel good.

Right now, I am at Kendall's house, having a sleep over with the girls. They always make me feel better after a trying day. I am with Kendall, Poppy and Serafina, and we are discussing how cruel life is sometimes.

"Aww Loz! We are all here for you! I cannot believe that he did not even look at you for the whole dinner! He is so rude!" Poppy exclaims.

"I know! I would have slapped him across the face right there and then! He does not deserve you girl, and I will never accept this marriage. I wanna go and give a mouthful to that daddy of yours right now!" Serafina is so protective over me; it is so sweet.

"No you cannot do that Fifi! My dad will just get madder and probably ban me from speaking to you ever again." I explain bitterly.

"Well we can not make it worse for you and make you into a little rule breaker now can we?" Kendall playfully nudges me.

I just shake my head bitterly and allow the tears to fall.

"Aww babe! We are all here for you, try not to worry about it!" Poppy quickly engulfs me into a bear hug.

"Yeah and if he hurts you then I know a guy who can make a body disappear!" Serafina fiercely explains before joining in on the hug.

"I wish we could do something about it Loz, but the truth is we can not. You have to marry this guy; otherwise your brother will get everything." Kendall sympathetically recalls, before joining in on the hug and tears.

After an hour of consoling me with chocolate and ice cream, Serafina had an idea on how we could feel better.

"We should totally have a lady's night out tonight!" Serafina squeals.

"Yeah we should! We should celebrate being single and free, and forget about Mr RJF!" (Rude Jerk Face – Ellison's new name) Poppy enthusiastically agreed.

"You know what? You girls are right. We should totally go out, have fun, and celebrate whilst we can. But we have to get each other ready!" I squeal, wiping away any excess tears.

A series of 'you got it' 'duh' and 'of course' rings through the room. To be honest, I am excited about going out tonight. I have not been to a club in months, as I have been focusing on the business, but now I just really want to let loose and celebrate being me for as long as possible. My dad will probably kill me if he finds out, but that is a risk I am willing to take. I really want to cherish what it feels like to be wild and free, as I do not know how long I have until I have to marry Ellison. It will probably be sooner rather then later. Wiping any thoughts of Ellison and negativity from my mind, I put on my brightest smile and proceeded in getting ready.

First, the girls straighten my hair, and then Serafina pulls it back into an elegant twisted updo, to keep it out of the way whilst we are partying. Poppy does my base makeup whilst Kendall does my eye shadow. I am more thankful then ever for my weekly nail appointments. After two hours of pampering, we step back and admire ourselves. I have to say, we all look HOT! I look up at my reflection, greeted by my eyes that shine as blue hues that make any summer sky quake in envy. My olive skin is brushed with makeup and a soft pink blush to bring out the sharp structure of my cheekbones, and I wear an indulgent pink shade of lipstick on my full, thick lips. Along my curvy body is a pink dress that reaches to the middle of my thighs, clutching my body in a way that is elegant but feminine. The top of the dress teasingly dips along my chest, then at the top of my waist and down it tightens to fit my curves. I have placed on a pair of simple silver heels that shine whilst the colour reflects the mirror.