Chapter 37 - Laurene's POV

I have been roaming around the streets for about twenty minutes now, and Ellison has not even tried to contact me! Does he not care that I am out all on my own? Of course, I would have ignored the calls anyway (I am not in the mood to speak to him right now), but still, it is the thought that counts! I want him to be begging for my forgiveness as if I am something so special to him that he cannot imagine life without me. However, he obviously does not care that much for me, as he has not even sent me a single text. How does he expect me to get home? He is truly so insensitive and idiotic sometimes. If he is not here, then whom am I going to bellow at to get out all of my pent up anger?

As I was walking down the street, locked in my head with my angry thoughts, I suddenly come across a little boutique. The windows are wide and welcoming, offering you an entire view of the garments stocked inside. The brick walls are painted green - not a garish, yellowish green, but a soft natural colour that reminds me of spring grass. Little flowers are painted on certain parts of the wall, providing a burst of colour designed to lure you in softly. The door is a dusky oak brown, with smeary glass, and has a bell that chirps as soon as you open it. In the shop windows stand four posh mannequins. Each strike a flamboyant pose, dolled up in the finest outfits the store has to offer. Their entire bodies are a creamy white marble, and they have no facial features apart from the jutting out of their smooth noses and plump lips. One of the models is wearing a long golden dress, looking like liquid gold and the setting sun blended, which caresses the curves it has. It is absolutely gorgeous. Remembering that I have not been shopping in over a month, I coat a smile on my face and enter the building.

Two hours later, I have finished selecting lots of gifts and clothes for my friends and me. I tried on half the shop, and spent so much I could probably have brought a sports car for the amount I spent. I also have nine big bags of clothes, the heaviness making me feel happy and less angry rather then weighing me down. I next catch a taxi to the nearest mall, and find a Sephora to spend another bucket load of money on new releases of makeup. By the time I am done, I feel so exultant and relaxed that not even my dead arms can bring me down.

Apart from Bemus.

I am teetering out of Louis Vuitton with a new suitcase (I needed to get one for tomorrow so I could take my new purchases home), looking ridiculous with the mountain of bags I am carrying, when someone bumps into me, sending my bags airborne. When I look up, I am annoyed to see Bemus hovering over me, offering me his hand. That should be Ellison... I think in my mind, but quickly get rid of the depressing thoughts.

"Oh hi Laurene! It is good to see you. Sorry for bumping into you." He states.

"Hi Bemus. It is ok. Thanks for helping me up." I say rather glumly.

"Here, let me help you with your bags. I see you love shopping then." He declares, as he takes half of my bags despite my protests.

"Yeah I do." I reply in a bored tine.

"So... Where are you going?" He asks casually after a minute of awkward silence.

"I have no idea. I left Ellison so I have no way of getting home." I sigh.

"You left him? Did you fall out?"

"It's a long story." I groan.

"Oh ok. Well how about I take you out for dinner and then I'll take you home?"

"Can you just take me home please? I am not..." I begin before Bemus cuts me off.

"Oh come on. Just think about it. You won't have to see Ellison so soon, and I can help you make him jealous." He smirks.

Hmm. Tempting.

"Ok fine. However, it is not a date. Just dinner. And don't try anything on me, I took self defence classes." I warn him, at which he lets out a good-natured chuckle.