Chapter 19 - Laurene's POV

Today has been one of the best and most enjoyable days of my life. Ellison has been amazing and kind, and it is so satisfying seeing him so interested in something – he looks so carefree and happy, which I have not had the pleasure of witnessing very often. We just had an embarrassing encounter with the server who thought we were a proper couple, but to be honest in a sneaky, secret kind of way I am thrilled. Maybe we look good together? I sound just like Poppy right now! I guess we have both always been hopeless romantics though.

Ellison suddenly snaps me out of my daydream.

"Hey, you ready to go?" He asks.

"Yeah! Are we going swimming?" I enquire.

"If you want to..."

"Definitely!" I exclaim with a big smile.

Ellison pays for the meal and I give a generous tip to the server because she has been so efficient and friendly, and it must be hard working all day everyday to provide for your family. If I stopped working then I would have enough money to last me years, where as I get the impression that the people here need all the money that earn n a day, just to find food for the next week.

We are exiting the quaint hut and the whip of salty air and soft sand scrunching up underneath my feet immediately greets me. The beach is silvered and transformed by the light of the moon, which hangs like a great luminous pearl out of the unassailable heavens.

We quickly slip out of our clothes and dash into the water. I love the feel of the water on my body and we swim out to where it is deep, teasing, splashing and laughing with each other. I have on a silver and white bikini, which makes my lightly tanned skin stand out, and accentuates my feminine curves.

After doing a few laps up and down the shoreline, I stop and lay back in the water, letting my limbs do the thinking for me. The water is so refreshing. Allowing it to take all of my worries away, I stretch out my arms, open my palms and release all bodily tension.

Looking up to the heavens I see stars... Living in the city, I do not get to see these beautiful blinking fairy lights in the night sky. Poppy once told me that they look like fireflies - only they burn brighter against the glowing black satin behind layers and layers of serene clouds above our heads. Sometimes, when it is especially dark, stars light up so much their brilliance are mirrored from our dilated orbs. It is so surreal and it makes anyone want to reach up for one, keep it in their hands for warmth and pocket it to bring home and keep it in a jar.

Laughing out loud at my thoughts, Ellison turns to look at me.

"What is it?"

"The stars... They are just so magical, and I usually do not get to see them. I was just thinking how I want to pluck one from the sky and take it home with me." I explain with a little giggle.

"You are something else Laurene." Ellison says with a chuckle.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, you just have very... strange ideas sometimes." He explains carefully.

"Are you calling me weird?" I deadpan.

"Yes." He said with a chuckle.

"Well, I'd rather be weird then normal. What's fun about that?" I asked.

"You're right I guess."

We lapse into a comfortable silence, just gazing at the midnight blue canvass above that steals every thought from my mind, the usual carousel of worries simply forgotten. There are the heavenly stars above and a full moon smiling down at us; what else is there to think about? I tear my eyes away from the mesmerising heavens, and look at the other work of art lying right next to me, a fingertips touch away. The moons aura lightens Ellison's skin, making him glow a brilliant musty silver. It is fitting that he does not look completely human – he does, after all, look like God himself. The light casts down soft shadows, highlighting and defining his muscles and chiselled face. My face heats up as my eyes trail down his firm chest and ripped muscles, slightly encased by the water with little droplets of water running deliciously down his midriff.