Chapter 24 - Unknown POV

The hallway is dimly lit as the trio of men trudge through towards the office that could well be the gate way to hell. They can't fight their way out of what's coming – even if they have the belief of being able to take down one of the most feared gang leaders in the world, the boss would soon put an end to their miserable lives. Dread is the dominant feature on each of their faces. They wish they could cling to the hope of 'don't shoot the messengers', but from some of the stories they have heard about the boss, it is more likely that he would kill them and send their severed bodies as an example to the leader of their unit, that is so obviously absent, before he is sentenced to his death as well. But there is no avoiding what is coming to them, they are like cows being herded into truck for the slaughter house, only the cow doesn't know where it's going and they do.

The man in the middle silently vows to take the brunt of the boss's anger; hopefully his lust for blood could be satisfied with him – not the men beside him that he's come to know as his brothers. The Greek mafia is like a brotherhood of criminals – everyone's business is everyone else's business, and you are expected to lay down your life for each other. They're just one big dysfunctional family of misfits that are peaceful (to a point) with one another, and not judged for what ever actions that got them recruited into such a place of fornication. However, there is one man that no one hardly ever sees, but just his name can swipe up a chill so deathly and cold it could bring you to your knees. The Godfather. No one really knows what he looks like. He sends his messages through his appointed Boss and Underboss. He is the top of the ladder and expects perfection – woe to those who object to his rule or fail a mission – no crevice on the earth can stop his scorching anger from blazing upon you.

Thinking about his pitiful life that only really caused others pain, the man who was most likely in his mid 40s takes a shaky breath, and attempts to wipe the beads of sweat that have collected on his forehead, and uses his two big calloused hands to sweep his ebony coloured hair away from his unusually pale face. He tries to put on a mask of indifference for his friends, but from the terrified, accepting gloom in his usually bright, sparkling, emerald eyes, and the way he can't keep his hands still, it is obvious to everyone who comes into contact with him that he's about to face a life changing moment.

As for the boy, barely a man, next to him, he is not as good at reeling in his emotions. He looks as though he is about to bolt in the opposite direction, but that would make him a coward, and the boss does not deal well with cowards. His brain has shut down. He is clammy and constantly rubs his hands together, as if he had a magic lamp and a genie might actually appear and magic him out of this compromising situation. The glisten of cold sweat reflects the dull, orange lights that hum mechanically above them, and his innocent blue eyes are wide and frantically dart around the room as if he expects someone to jump out at him at any second and deliver the final blow.

The last man does not care about what happens to his life. He has not since the one thing that mattered to him more then anything in this world was cruelly ripped away from him. His daughter. She died at the innocent age of 17, at the hands of muggers. He swore to avenge her death by finding those responsible for killing her, and killing them with his own hands. The first life he took was that of a police officer, who promised he would find his daughters killers but never did. When the boss heard about this man fuelled by an unforgiving and merciless rage, he immediately sent men to go brake him out of prison and recruit him into the gang. His lips are always pulled into a menacing snarl, but his chocolate brown eyes juxtapose his expressions as they convey a broken man, lost and grieving his light in this darkened world. Whilst the two men beside him are fearful of what's to come, dreading each step that brings them closer to their fate, he welcomes the possible threat of his demise and is eager to find out what the future holds. He thrives on strong emotions as it reminds him that he is alive – alive for a reason to avenge his light.