Chapter 2- I Wanna Do Something Else

Jason's POV

Damn. Did Amanda, the new kid, seriously just mouth off Jenny Cooper?! This girl has got gut! Man, I couldn't mouth her if I tried. I'd be stuck under those horrible talons she calls nails, and the vicious stare she carries.

Thing about me. I don't believe in love. I don't think it's real. My parents have proved that point. They seemed so attached. They seemed so in love. But it was all fake. My dad never laid a hand on her, but it was more emotional abuse. He would spit at her, call her terrible things, then when I got old enough I took it too. I was called a mistake. He said that he didn't mean to have me. To top it off, he sold drugs. My parents aren't even divorced which is the worst part. My mom keeps taking him back. He'll lash out after getting drunk, and selling drugs, and my mom forgives him. When my sister died because she OD'd, my dad didn't even stop dealing drugs. He kept doing it. Saying it was a reminder of her. Bull. My parents' relationship was crumbling. Every time my mom would come to me, and assure me that everything would be okay. That he'll change.

I don't get it.

Love is incredibly fragile. It is a strong bond created over time. It connects people together in a way that no one else could explain. However, one mistake could break it.

If your love is so strong, then why does it get to a point where the littlest thing can make your world come crashing down?

If your love was broken by a little mistake, it was never there to begin with.

So why fall in love anyways? Right?

I shake my head as if it would clear my thoughts and take in Jenny's jaw which is currently making friends with the ground. I burst into fits of laughter.

"HA! D-did you s-see your face when she s-said she was going to rip out the p-padding?! Oh my GOD!" I manage to choke out. "Damn! My girl owned you Jenny! Eat that!" I freeze. Did I just call her my girl? Oh God, don't get too ahead of yourself Jason. I turn around to the rest of the crowd. "Show's over people! Get to class slackers!"

I head into class and search around for Amanda. When I locate her, I see the spot next to her taken. By none other than Hunter Hayes. The definition of bad news. He has probably gone around everywhere. He knows every girl. He doesn't do anything with his life except football and girls. I'm like him, but way more toned down. I'm actually looking for a nice relationship sometimes. Call me a pig, but then you gotta call Hunter a boar.

I get a weird feeling in my chest. Something I've only felt for my girlfriend of four years, Alissa. We broke up last year when I found out she was cheating. She always cancelled dates, and seemed fidgety. Went over to her house once and found her with Hunter. Hence the reason why we have some beef. Was this jealousy? Why would I be jealous. I seriously only met her today. This is moving way too fast. I roll my eyes and make my way to the table behind Amanda's. This class is the most boring thing. Ever. Romeo and Juliet? Who cares. They died anyways. Woohoo love! I fall asleep halfway through the class and was awoken by a soft scent of strawberry.

"Jason." The voice cooed.

"Jason."

Groan.

"Jason!"

"Ah! What!" I jump up. I look ahead of me and I see Amanda holding her stomach and laughing like a lunatic. I grin lazily and I see the way her eyes crinkle when she laughs. I quickly snap out of my thoughts and glare at her.

"Hey! You screamed in my ear. You can't blame me!" I defend.

"You have drool on the side of your cheek pretty boy," she said. Scratching the side of her cheek to indicate where it was. I quickly wipe away any evidence that I was sleeping.