Chapter 18- I Missed You, Too

Amanda's POV

I woke up this morning in the worst mood possible. My period still hasn't gone away, I was still wrapped up in this stupid Jason mess, and I was way behind in all my classes. My grades had dropped greatly, and I didn't know who I would be able to bounce back.

I stared up at the ceiling for a few good minutes. Looking at every single detail, every single groove in the paint. I turned to my alarm clock and saw that I had about half an hour to get ready, so I hopped out of bed and made my way to the shower. I scrubbed my skin until it turned pink, and then I washed my face before I wrapped myself in my towel and got ready.

I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. I peered around the corner, but I couldn't see my mom or my dad.

"James?" I called.

No answer.

I stalked toward his door and swung it open, but the sheets were neatly made, and everything was in its place. That's weird. Deciding not to ponder over it, I headed to the fridge and grabbed some cheese so I could eat that. Then, I sprinted out the door and walked towards the bus stop. I wondered if I would see Claire today. And I wondered if people at Dexter Middleton High were facing as much drama the people here do.

Once the bus pulled up, I showed them my student ID, and sat in the back of the bus. I plugged in my headphones and let the music block everything out around me. Claire didn't show up today, and I was a little upset because quite frankly,'I enjoyed her company. She was fun to talk to, and she could always put a smile on your face.

Once the bus came to a slow stop, I hopped off and walked to the front doors. I heard a loud engine. I turned around and saw Claire driving her black Jeep Commander. The door swung open, but she didn't step out. 

Jason did.

Soon after, Claire followed. Her black hair that usually fell down her shoulders was tied up in a messy high ponytail, and she had a black miniskirt on. Her striped crop top that rode up her midriff left little to the imagination. As Jason came out of the other side, and it was no doubt that they had done...something together. That's why she wasn't on bus. Jason caught my eye and winked. The sick, twisting feeling in my gut returned and I turned away before Claire could see me.

Kallie and Jacob were waiting for me by the front as usual, and immediately I rushed past them. However, they saw what just happened and were prepared for me to dash, so Kallie rushed in front of me and blocked my way to the school.

"I'm done with this," she announced. "You have been down in the dumps ever since Jason asked you out. We're going to a party tonight." As I opened my mouth to protest, she added, "And I'm not taking no for an answer."

I closed my mouth and let my shoulders slump, before I begrudgingly nodded. She smiled in satisfaction and gestured for Jacob to come over, which he did. The three of us entered the front doors and we sped off towards my locker. As I unlocked it, I realized that Jacob and Kallie hadn't said a word, but were staring intently at me.

"What?" I asked.

Jacob sighed and ran a hand through his hair before he said, "I know you just saw Jason come out of that girl's Jeep, but he wasn't at my place last night. Where was he?"

"The night before yesterday he spent at my house," I said.

"What?! Why?!" Kallie exclaimed.

"He came back for his jersey, and then he went out to his car," I said.

"He came back for his jersey?!" Kallie screeched. She looked like she could punch something.

I ignored her and continued, "I looked out window, and saw him take a blade out and stab his car tire. Then, he made some lie that his tire was flat, and that he needed to spend the night. The next day I walked to school with him and he turned to go to the liquor store. In my first lesson, he came into school with a bottle of alcohol in his bag. I don't know where he went that night, but seeing as he's with Claire, he probably went to her house."