Chapter 9- Nothing Happened

Amanda's POV

After staying in bed for a few more hours, we decided that we should actually try and be productive. At about 1:00pm, Jason and I had gotten ready. It was the afternoon, but we needed breakfast. Instead of going out- since I was tired and practically begged him to let us stay home- I made pancakes.

I stirred all the necessary ingredients, choosing to make the batter from scratch instead of the box. I started to pour the batter into small circles on the pan. I checked underneath to make sure it was ready, and I flipped it. Jason came into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"Can I stay here forever?" He asked, kissing my cheek. No matter how good the feeling was, I couldn't let anything develop. "I need more of these pancakes in my life."

"Speaking of staying, I asked my mom if you could stay even after they came home," I said. "She said it was fine."

"You what?" He asked, shocked. "Why'd would you do that? I could've just stayed at a hotel."

"Uh, no," I said, putting my hands on my hips. "Jason... Whatever-the-heck-your-middle-name-is Wright! You are staying here as long as you like and that is final."

He huffed. "Brian,"

I turned to him. "Huh?"

"Jason Brian Wright."

I rolled my eyes and continued to cook the pancakes. Once I was done, I started to make scrambled eggs, and bacon.

"Holy," Jason said when he started to shovel down his food. "Can you make me food when I'm sick?"

He fake coughed and I chuckled. I sat down ready to eat, and I heard keys jingling in the door. I turned and looked at James who was currently holding a brief case, had a donut in his mouth, had coffee in his hand, multiple textbooks in his arms, and the keys in his other hand.

"Umph home!" His declare was muffled by the donut hanging on by a crumb. I rushed over to him and helped to lighten the load.

"Thanks," he said, as he sat down. He began to eat from my plate and I looked at my would-be breakfast with a longing face. He turned and looked at me staring at him. "What?"

"Oh nothing," I waved him off airily. I sat down across from him and next to Jason. "It's not like you just ate my breakfast."

The piece of bacon in his mouth dropped into his plate, and he gave me a sheepish look. Jason nudged my elbow, and gestured to his plate. I gave him a grateful smile and ate what was left. Which was quite a lot. I had managed to salvage a whole pancake, a few eggs, and two pieces of bacon from his leftovers.

James stood up and went to his room. Mumbling something with the words 'women' and 'confusing' in it. As I finished eating, I went to the sink to rinse my plate. I heard rapid knocks on the door. When I opened it, there stood Kallie and Jacob. Kallie had a hand on her hip and was fuming, Jacob had his arms crossed and a smug smile on his face. Before I could question their looks of pure frustration, Kallie pushed past me, went into the kitchen, and grabbed Jason by his collar.

"Whatever happened between the two of you," she warned. "Just remember what I said."

She let go and smoothed out his collar like nothing happened. Jacob went over and gave Jason a clap on the back. I looked at Kallie in confusion and she pulled me into the guest room.

"So..." She trailed off. I raised an eyebrow, wanting her to continue because I seriously had no idea what she was getting at. "You and Jason, huh?"

Then it clicked.

I groaned and shook my head. I had expected a girl talk with Kallie about boys, but never expected it to come as soon as this, and that the boy would be none other, than the Jason Wright.