Chapter 15- No Promises

Amanda's POV

You'll come to a dead end soon.

Dead end.

Dead end.

Dead.

End.

"Aaaaah!" I shrieked in frustration and I threw my phone at the wall. Making a large thump sound that probably left a dent. I jump back on the bed and curl into a little ball.

I haven't had any sleep, and I was tired. But I couldn't risk being asleep knowing full well that Tyler found me. He sent me a freaking text message!

I slump back on the bed and a few dry coughs escape my lips. I feel and look like garbage, and I feel like throwing up again.

I stand up and I feel a rush between my legs.

Shoot.

I rush to the bathroom and grab out a pad before I change into new clothes. So now I have my period and an ex-boyfriend chasing after me?! I'm going to be an emotional and psychotic capital B this week.

Once I change into new clothes, I check the time. It's still really early and I don't have to go to school for another four hours. Reluctantly, I grab for the swing out mirror. I had chased Jason out of my room after I received the message, so there wasn't any point in worrying about him hearing me. I opened the mirror and grabbed the small bottle of sleeping pills I kept. I haven't used them in a while because Tyler hadn't done anything remarkably harmful, but now, I can't get sleep. I can't be at rest. I shake two pills into the palm of my hand and knock them back. Swallowing them with a bit of water. I lay back down on my bed and wait for the drugs to kick in. When the corner of my vision starts to get blurry, I succumb to the drugs and fall asleep.

-
-
-

"I told you it was a bad choice."

He came closer towards me. Holding his knife up in the air; ready to strike. I grabbed the chair from behind me and put it in front of me. Using it as a hopeless guard that could get thrown with just a quick kick. I whimpered as he came closer, expecting the chair to be knocked out of my hands. I felt the chair lower and I looked up into his piercing green eyes that I had once loved. He smiled evilly and took the tip of his knife and put it under my chin. He flicked his hand up a little so that my head would face him.

He dragged the knife from my chin, down the trail of my Adam's apple, to my collarbone, my chest, and slowly grazed my stomach. I looked away, but soon felt the sharp tip under my chin. With more force.

"Look at me," he demanded. I obliged. "I still have you wrapped around my finger. You are mine. You left me right after my father died? What kind of human are you? And then you move?" He chuckles drily. "Wow. You are stupid."

He flicked the knife and I felt a burn under my chin. Slowly I raised a hand and when I drew it back, it was covered in blood. He began to pace around me in circles. As if I was prey and he was the lion.

"Don't you ever forget about me. You will never be safe. I will always find you. Don't forget that."

He stabbed the knife into my leg, and exited the room. I cried out in pain, and looked at my leg which was now bleeding profusely. Slowly, I slumped down the wall. I tried to wrench the knife out, but it only hurt me more. The knife was wedged between my bone, and if I pulled, it'd leave with more than a deep wound.