Chapter 21- Leave Him

Warning: This chapter contains scenes of extreme violence, and mention of drug use.

Jason's POV

It seemed as if the world around me was forming to the shape of my car as I sped down the road to my old house. I was going ten. Twelve. Fifteen over the speed limit, but I didn't care. Nobody existed in my brain except my mom and the thought of what I would do to that man if I saw him touching her.

Soon, I pulled up to my old house. Not even bothering to lock the car, I jumped out and rushed inside. The door was unlocked. You could hear yelling throughout the quiet neighbourhood, but yet, nobody seemed to realize.

"YOU WORTHLESS SCUM!" I heard him yell. Then, a loud crack came through the air.

I peeked around the corner and saw him panting heavily, and my mom looking away with a hand on her cheek.

He's going to get it.

Just as he raised his clenched fist for round two, I lunged at him and knocked him straight in the jaw. White powder was spilled all over the floors, and it made my stomach lurch in disgust. I got on top of him and punched him repeatedly while yelling at my mom to call the cops.

"MOM! Call the cops!" I wasn't sure how long I could hold him off, and he didn't seem to be getting close to unconsciousness anytime soon.

But my mom just stood there. Watching her son beat a man senseless. She came up to me and put a hand on my arm.

"Stop! You're hurting him!" She yelled, trying to drag me off him.

I looked at my mom in shock. He took this as an advantage, and punched me right in the gut, making me fall right off of him. The fact that I had a bruise on my stomach already from Amanda elbowing me, made it that much more painful. And it also took a lot less for me to get winded.

He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, and flung me into the wall, making my body smash into a few glass vases. As the table came crashing with the weight of my body, I felt the glass prick into my skin, the shards stabbing me. I cried out in pain, but shakily got up.

"You think you can save her, huh?" He taunted. "Your stupid mother doesn't get it. You know, the fact that you think you can save her is laughable." To prove his point, he laughed one of those deep belly laughs, and it made me gag. "You couldn't save Amy, so what makes you think-"

I lunged at him and smashed him into the wood table. He groaned, but swiftly got me off of him by punching me in my eye. Just like the other day. When I came back to school and had a black eye which Amanda asked me about, I had told her it was nothing and went to the liquor store instead.

I had gotten that black eye from my 'Dad'. I came home trying to talk to my mom, but found him there. Things led to other things, which led him to punch me in the eye. Now, I had another one.

"You're a coward, Ted," I spat.

"Now, now," he seethed. "Didn't you know it's rude to call your father by his first name?" He grabbed the collar of my shirt again.

"You are not my father," I growled. Then, I gathered as much spit as I could, and spat directly in his face. The look of rage on his face was quite appealing, and I would've taken a picture... had I not been in his grip with a thousand little pieces of glass in my back, a newly bruised stomach, and a fresh and throbbing black eye.

He swung his fist back and knocked me straight in the jaw, flinging my head back, before grabbing his other fist and punching my side. I felt a sharp pain shoot through the left side of my body and knew automatically that he broke my ribs.