Chapter 5- Jason Did What?!

Amanda's POV

On our way to the party, my friends and I decided to have our own mini karaoke session. After a while I stop singing and listen to the rest of them. That's when the truth sinks in.

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

I'm a horrible person.

Who am I kidding? Did I really think I could have a normal friendship? They'll end up finding me, and then I'll leave. Again. I can't live like this anymore! I can't do this-whatever it is-anymore! I shouldn't lead them on. Jason, Jacob, and Kallie will just be added onto the list of people that hate me because I left. I had to leave my childhood best friend of fourteen years. I had to cut all means of connection. Some friend I am.

Jason notices I was tense, and puts his hand on my knee. He squeezes reassuringly. He probably thinks I'm nervous because of the party. I rest my hand on top of his and shut my eyes. I feel him lean closer to me.

"If you're scared, I'll protect you peaches," he whispers. He leans in closer and lets his lips brush my neck. I bite my lip and whimper. I hate being teased. He chuckles and leans back in his seat pretending like the whole thing never happened.

His hand is on my thigh the whole time we were driving. Honestly, I couldn't say I didn't like it, because then I'd sound like I was trying to convince myself. He absentmindedly rubbed small circles on the inside of my thigh and it calmed me.

After about fifteen minutes, we pulled up to a giant mansion.

"Who exactly is hosting this party?" I ask.

"Jenny Cooper," Jason said, coolly.

"Who?"

"The girl that you said 'I suggest you back up before I pull the padding out of your bra and show you how fake you really are' to," he said, going about an octave higher when he repeated what I said.

"Shoot. Gotta steer clear of her."

"You scared Manda?" Kallie challenges.

"Of a snobby, rich, rag that dresses in a cheerleading uniform and has her skirt hemmed even more? Nope," I said, popping the 'p'.

We get out of the car, and Jacob takes Kallie's hand. I look over at her, and she gives me a look saying 'We'll talk about it later'.

Damn right we will.

Jason gets out and offers me his hand. I gladly give it to him, and he leads me inside. Oh, not before I receive a few eye messaged death threats from the girls in the front yard.

"Did I mention how beautiful you look? I don't know if these guys over here could keep their hands to themselves. Meaning stick with me," he said, while winking.

I wasn't planning on going anywhere else, but I decide to play his game.

"What if I want to hang around tonight? Maybe that Hunter guy. He's a hunk."

At the mention of Hunter's name, his eyes darken and he pulls me closer into his side.

"He lay a finger on you, so help me God I'll give him worse than what he got in the bathroom."

I pull away and look at him with wide eyes. "What did he get in the bathroom?"

"Just what he deserved," he said, vaguely. "You want a drink?"