Chapter 4- Let's Get Wasteddd!

Amanda's POV

Poke.

Poke.

Groan.

Poke.

"What the heck do you want?!" I yell.

"Jeez sis, no need for the hostility," James said.

"Ugh. It's like the middle of the night, and you're using words like hostility?"

"It's actually 7:00am and you need to get ready for school."

I look up to see him in his boxers. My brother is not bad looking. Which is the reason why he has multiple girls dangling on his arms. He is fit, tall, and tan. Literally everything a girl who has raging hormones, looks for. I don't see my brother often, since he's usually at a party getting drunk, or dancing on some random people. My brother is the most blunt when he's drunk, and it's the best thing in the entire world. Speaking of getting drunk, there's a party tonight which I have to go to with my friends. Still don't understand my mindset change, but I'm liking it.

I shoo my brother out of my room, and go get ready. The first few days of school have been a bit rough, but during the week I've been at WestPoint, I had to deal with Jason's endless flirting, and Kallie's countless teases. Tonight was the party. It's been a few weeks since the accident so the bruise on my arm is fading away, but the scar is still on my thigh. Taunting me. I shut my eyes, trying not to let the tears fall from the memory.

I go into the bathroom and run the shower. I strip my clothes letting them fall in a pile around me feet. I get into the shower. Trying not to let the water run over the scar. Even though it's not an open wound, it still hurts like heck. When the hot water runs over my scar, it just feels like it's burning through me.

A few awkward positions and curse words later, I get out of the shower. I wrap myself in a towel and look for an outfit for today. I decided on striped crop top, with black jeans. I throw over a blue and white flannel, making sure my arm is covered. I put some foundation on it just in case it slides over my arm. I tie my hair up into a high ponytail, grab my backpack, and head down the stairs.

I look and see my brother passed out on the couch and his friends on the other couches. I look and see beer bottles scattered on the floor. How the heck did my parents not have a fit?

I walk over to James and shake him.

"James! Where are our so called guardians?"

"They didn't tell you? They left for a business trip. They're coming home next week," he replies.

I huff and look at the time. My eyes widen. 7:50 am. The heck?! I need to take the car. I'll be incredibly late. Shoot. My parents probably took it. There's always James' car... I walk over to the door after grabbing a banana. I sneakily grab the car keys from the hook.

"Hey James?" Mumble. "I'm taking your car. Thanks!" I rush out the door and slam it before I hear any of his protests. I get into the car and start it. Once I drive off, I see James standing on our porch raising his fists like an old man in the side mirrors.

-
-
-

I got to school. 10 minutes late. Traffic wasn't the problem. It was other people, and my dire need to have an education.

Let me recap for you.

I was waiting in traffic and the light had turned green, but the car in front of me didn't move. Not wanting to be late any longer, I did the reasonable thing. Now let me remind you. It's what any young adult would do!