Chapter 19- Hey, Jason

Amanda's POV

I woke up in a daze beginning with the cotton sheets that were wrapped around my body, and the smell of lemon. I looked around the room, but couldn't see anything except a chest.

Jason's chest.

When I looked up, I saw him sleeping peacefully. His eyes were closed and there was stubble lightly coating his jaw. His jaw was no longer clenched liked it always was, but instead relaxed.

I tried to get up, but suddenly had difficulty. I looked under the sheets to see my bare legs tangled with Jason's, and his arm was slung around my waist. Then I realized that I was in his shirt with underwear on, and he was in his boxers. Only. I let out an ear-piercing scream and scrambled up from the bed, grabbing the sheets to cover myself up. Jason shot up from the bed and looked around frantically.

"What the hell happened last night?!" I screamed.

"Oh my God, Amanda. You scared the crap out of me. Relax," he said, before slumping back into the pillow. Since the sheets were being used to cover my body, I got the whole view and then some of his strong body.

"What do you mean, 'relax'?" I shrieked.

"You're the one screaming bloody murder!"

"Well I'm not exactly going to be calm and collected when I wake up cuddled with you, and in your shirt with no pants on!" I retorted.

"What do you think happened last night?" He asked, with raised eyebrows. He crossed his arms over his chest before sitting up properly.

When his question sunk in, it took all I could to not start telling him off.

"All I want to know, Jason, is what happened," I choked out.

He ran his hands over his face before he said, "You went to Jenny's party last night." Okay, that I remember. "Then you called me in the middle of the night because some guys from the football team poured beer all over you. You were crying and crying, and then when I brought you here, you told me how hot I was."

Cue choke.

"No I didn't," I protested, trying to hold on to my dignity that my drunken self tried to throw away.

"Yes, you really did," he chuckled. Woop, there it goes. "Anyway, after telling you to shower, I called Kallie to tell her to tell your mom that you crashed at her place. Kallie didn't know where you were because you just took off. Then you complained that you were on your period so you needed pads. So, while I was on the phone with her, I told her, she got some, came here, gave me an earful because I didn't tell Jacob I was staying at a motel, and then left."

"Is that it?" I asked, incredibly embarrassed. Did I just tell him that I was on my period? And told him of all people to get me pads?

"Nope," he said. "We... Figured out where we stand now. You said you still can't be with me, and I understood that, and you said that we can just be friends. So we're good, and we're friends."

Imagine a knife stuck into your gut, and twisted multiple times. And I'm not talking about a period. Damn, so many period jokes.

But there was still one nagging question. "Then, how'd you end up in the same bed as me?" I asked.

"I was going to take the couch outside, but then you went like this," he put his hands out in front of him and open and closed his hands. "You called me to cuddle."