Chapter 13- You Did It!

Amanda's POV

It's been a day since Mom and Dad came home, and Jason and my parents have been going strong. He insisted that he should go to a hotel because he didn't want to be a burden, but my parents were fast to shoot down the idea. Over the phone, I told them about Jason, but I didn't say why he was staying. I just said family troubles. It wasn't an exact lie, but I didn't want to give away the information Jason had trusted me with. It must've been hard to have to tell someone that. Let alone someone he just met.

This morning when I came down, I heard loud chatter in the kitchen. I was amazed to find that Jason was helping my Mom cook breakfast while he was keeping up a conversation with my Dad. I sat by the end of the staircase and crossed my arms. I took in the scene before me and couldn't help but feel a great deal of admiration towards Jason. He felt the need to actually socialize with my parents, he was nervous to meet them even though we weren't dating, and my parents seemed to be just fine with him staying.

I cleared my throat to get some acknowledgment of my presence and all heads turned towards me.

"Hey Amanda," Jason said, unusually chirpy.

Just like that, they returned to their conversations. I scoffed in disbelief but couldn't prevent the wide grin that spread across my face. I sat down at the table and took the jar of jam and a piece of toast that was on the table.

"Wow, that's fine. It's not like I'm your daughter or anything," I chided.

My mother smiled warmly at me and came over to give me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled back and took a bite out of my bread.

My Dad and Jason were having an animated discussion about what Jason was doing in school. He told him that he was captain of the schools football team, and that some universities were offering him football scholarships. Jason was the quarterback.

After listening in on their conversation, it was time to go to school. I got into Jason's car, and he followed suit. After turning on the engine he turned to me.

"Are you coming to the football game today?" He asked.

"There's a game?"

"Uh, ya. I was wondering if, um, maybe you'd want to wear my jersey?"

I sucked in a sharp breath. When football players give someone their jersey to wear to a game, it's most likely their girlfriend. Therefore, I was a little shocked but composed myself quickly. I would just wear it and support him. I didn't know much about football, but I didn't hate it.

"Sure," I said. He smiled and closed his eyes in relief.

In about five minutes, WestPoint came into view, and I saw Kallie and Jacob standing by the entrance. I hurriedly got out of the car and rushed towards them.

"Hey! Where were you yesterday? Jason said you were sick," Kallie said. She pulled back from my hug and concern laced her eyes. "You okay?"

"Ya," I said rubbing my eyes. "I wasn't feeling good yesterday."

She nodded and led me inside. Behind me, Jason and Jacob exchanged a weird kind of bro shake and followed behind us.

"Do you know anything about football?" I asked Kallie.

"No, why?" She replied.

"Well, uh, Jason wanted me to wear his jersey and come to the gam-"

"He what?!" Kallie shrieked. "He asked you to wear his jersey?"

"Say it louder why don't you!" I scolded quietly when I saw some girls looking our way, but soon getting distracted when they saw Jason.

Kill me now.