Chapter 6- Oh, You Mean This Finger?

Jason's POV

Gotta admit. I'm still mad at Amanda for saying that to me. That was way out of line. I know she's sorry, so I let it slide. However, I was serious about what I would do if she said it again.

After that first week of school, she's pretty much part of our group. I still don't know how Kallie- a girl who I honestly never liked- managed to be a part of our posse. Jacob told me that him and Kallie were dating. Honestly, I was happy for the kid. He didn't do what I did, and he was looking for something serious. Hopefully he's found it in Kallie.

Today, I was going to take Kallie and Amanda out to the bowling alley. Jacob was coming along. Would've been awkward if I was there with the two of them. I'd probably end up third wheeling.

Honestly, I don't get the enjoyment of rolling unnecessarily heavy balls down a strip of polished wood, with the goal of hitting ten weirdly painted china-doll-shaped pins. Which is the reason why I'm taking them roller skating. Roller skating is something I always had an interest in since I was younger, I just never did it since I was scared. Time to grow some balls and skate the best I ever can.

I feel so emasculated now.

I didn't exactly tell them when I would pick them up, so why not throw them off and show up at her house at 8:45 am? Where the bowling alley isn't even open yet? I get up from my bed and go to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and see my face all red. Lines on the side of my face indicating a bad sleep. I twist my back and hear the satisfying crack, and all at once, the tension is released.

Once I strip off my clothes, I hop in the shower. Don't think I forgot. I still wonder what that giant bruise is doing on Amanda's arm. However, like Alissa isn't her business, that's not mine. I still can't shake off the uneasy feeling of what exactly could be the cause of them. Abusive parents? Abusive ex-boyfriend? Abusive siblings? Self-harm?

So many possibilities as to why there's a large mark on her arm.

I get out of the shower, grab my boxers, shirt, and jeans, and put them on. Nothing too special. All us men have to do is find a shirt we like, and buy multiple. I pair it with some dark blue vans and head to the kitchen. Or at least try to. I stop at the top of the stairs when I hear screaming.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" He screams. The way too familiar voice of my father. I clench my fists and walk down the stairs quietly.

"Ted, stop!" I hear my mom yell.

"No! You said you were going to give me the money! Where is it?!"

Money?

"I-I don't have it!" My mom yells.

"Bull!" I hear glass shattering and knew he threw one of mom's vases. "Give me the money, or I swear to God, whatever happened to that other child of ours, will happen again."

"Amy," my mom said, her tone firm and cold. "Her name, is Amy."

"Do I look like I give a crap?!"

Ted, please! Stay!" My mom pleads. Stay? Why? Why do you want this animal in our home?

"Madison! I don't even know why I married you! It was all a mistake. Our kids are a mistake. You are a mistake! I only loved you for the money you had," he spat.

"What do you want from me?" She whispered.

I hear steps being taken and a loud snap.

Heck no.

I rush down the stairs and see my mom clutching her cheek. Tears streaming down her face.

"Get out," I said.