Chapter 20- A Year Can Be A Long Time

Before this chap starts, I just want to apologize beforehand for being such a butthole, and not updating in like, forever. Please read the Author's Note at the end.

Jason's POV

"Hey, Jason," Alissa said. Her hands were held in front of her, and her thumbs were twisted together -something she did when she was nervous.

There she was. 

It seemed as if every vein, every muscle, every cell in my body simply said no, but nevertheless, I responded.

"Alissa," I breathed out.

I came out of the kitchen panting. I was talking to Amanda as she seemed ecstatic that she had gotten a guy's number. However, when I saw the familiar black-haired head that I thought I loved, time had stopped. Soon, I felt Hannah's small frame come next to me. She too, had froze.

Flashbacks of things that have happened between Alissa and I came rushing back and clouded my vision. Images of walking into Alissa's house, only to see her with Hunter and in her room. Getting at it. Alissa chasing after me while I walked out of the house after throwing the present I was going to give her on the floor. Fake tears streaming down her cheeks and me calling everything off. 

"You took me for granted, Alissa. Everything. Just to throw it all away?" I screamed. My arms crossed over my chest while Alissa was begging me to stay.

"No, Jay. I promise. I didn't mean to. H-He led me. I love you," she begged.

"I'm done with you. I've had suspicions, but I didn't dare listen to my gut. Things are too much now. With my supposed 'family', you, school. I'm done," I sighed.

"A-Are you breaking up with me?" She asked.

I scoffed. "Glad you cracked the code, Sherlock."

"Jason!" Amanda was in front of me. I looked around the room to see Hannah on the floor, passed out, with Scott by her side. Alissa was standing at the entrance of the cafe, looking at me with pleading eyes, and soon enough, I felt myself getting dragged into those hazel eyes that I loved.

Or maybe still do.

Amanda was grabbing my arms and shouting words in my face that only resonated in the background. Her words becoming a blur. The only thing I could focus on was Alissa. I was still in a daze when I felt a hard sting on my left cheek. That shook my out of my daze.

I looked down at Amanda who was now rubbing my cheek with a cheeky smile. "Sorry. I had to slap you."

I nodded silently, my eyes still on Alissa. After ensuring that I was okay, Amanda let me go to Alissa.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, clenching my fists.

"I moved back into town. I wanted to see you. I'm enrolling in WestPoint again," she replied, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. She was wearing a baseball cap with a graphic tee. Tucked into high waist jeans. She looked amazing.

I shook that thought out of my head.

The only girl I liked was the girl with a random guy's number in her hand.

"After a year? You decided to come back now?" I marveled, genuinely shocked as to why she came back.

"I've changed, Jay. And I know that what happened between us will never be forgiven, but I just don't want to lose you completely," she said, gazing at me.

"What makes you think you haven't already?" I asked, knowing that even though she cheated, was dishonest, disloyal, she still had me. Maybe not as a partner, but she still had me.