Chapter 8- Tell Me

Amanda's POV

He's going to kiss me.

I repeat.

He's going to freaking kiss me.

Should I let him?

'He's a player!' My conscious yells.

Who gives a crap?

"What do you want to tell me?" I ask, breathlessly. He leans in closer. I just have to tip toe before our lips touch.

BANG.

We spring apart and my brother's voice speaks up.

"Come on guys! You better not be getting funky!"

Jason groans and runs a hand through his hair out of frustration. I flush, and think of what just happened.

He was going to kiss me.

No.

I can't settle down here. No matter how much I want to believe I'm safe, I know he'll come searching for me. Given what he's done in the past, he will probably find me. There's no time for commitments. It'll end up hurting me, and the people around me.

I clear my throat. "Uh," I start. I sit down on my bed. If I'm getting so frazzled about almost being kissed by Jason, then I know for a fact, that if it happens again, I'll be in it deep.

He scratches the back of his neck. "Uh, it's getting late. I'll freshen up, and then you wanna watch a movie?"

Movie. Ya that sounds good.

I nod. He quickly looks at the bathroom, and I nod my head in the same direction, signalling he can use it. He gets up and pats himself down, sighing. He strides into the bathroom. After I hear the water running, I get up and go to my closet. I hoist myself up on the bed, and I lean over the top of the closet. At the back, I see my mini set of drawers. I take it out and look through the cubbies.

I take out the clippings I set in there and I begin to relive the past.

Flashback
"Oh my God. I can't believe you did that!" Tyler, my boyfriend, said.

I shrugged. "The dude deserved it. He took my fries."

"This is why I love you," he said. He leaned in and pecked my lips. We separated for our classes.

Eight Months Later...

"What is wrong with you?" He yelled. He raised his hand, and struck me across the face. I turned and looked in the mirror. The red mark on my cheek was ever so vibrant. The moment of hearing loss a sign of how am hard he had hit me. I controlled my ragged breaths, picked up my bags, and walked out the door.

I am fed up.

I have done everything I could. Given him everything I could. And he took advantage of my vulnerability. I have had enough bruises, and cuts to prove it.

With tears streaming down my face, I realized the one solution. The one thing that could get me away from that monster.

Moving away.

End of Flashback

His name was Tyler. He was the best, but his friends weren't. I steered clear from his group of friends when I didn't know him, but then I realized he was different from them. He was kind. He would help me pick up my books, or walk me to class. We knew each other from the after school leadership club.