Chapter 7- Break Her Heart, I'll Break Your Balls

Jason's POV

If I said I didn't dwell on the fact of what could cause the scar on Amanda's thigh, and the bruise that seemed to be calming down on her arm, I would be lying. It scares me to think of who or what could've caused them. Brother? Doubt it. Mother? Father? Some creepy Ex? Knives? Nail scratches? Or even guns? If I'm scared now, imagine what I felt like during my nightmare.

She was trapped. When I walked out of school, I knew there was something wrong with Amanda. She wasn't at school, and she didn't answer my calls or texts. This was not MY peaches. Well the bell rang for dismissal, I exited the school and rushed to her house. When I walked up the driveway, there were no cars parked.

I rang the doorbell. No answer. I rang it twice. No answer. I started to pound my fists on the door. Still. No. Answer. I kicked, and kicked, and kicked. I kicked until a nice sized dent appeared. I kicked the middle of it, and a hole about the same size, showed. After the hole became big enough for me, I crawled my way in. I looked around and nothing was out of place. I called her name and there was no answer. I called out again. Deadly silent.

This. Was. Killing. Me.

I ran upstairs and went in all the bedrooms, and not a single thing look mysterious. When I came downstairs again, the couch was flipped over. Why hadn't I seen it when I came in? The table was on its side, and three of the four legs were ripped out. The glass part of the shadowbox was shattered, the magazines were spilling on the floor. Is somebody else in here? I look around cautiously, and that's when I hear it.

"J-Jason."

That was undoubtedly Amanda.

"Jason." This time it was more firm. It sounded like a command, when there was nothing it had particularly asked me to do.

I frantically started searching around, but I couldn't locate the noise.

"Jason!"

"Jason!"

"JASON!"

"Amanda!" I called. I was desperate now. What the heck happened for her to tell like that?! I finally located the noise outside, but when I went to exit the house, there were boards against the door. The hole I had put through it had now disappeared. When I turned around, I stared into nothingness. The figure in front of me, was staring right back at me. Black holes for eyes. I was in a trance. A trance I couldn't get out of, and a trance that was slowly sucking me in.

Until I no longer existed.

When I closed my eyes, just as the figure was about to lunge at me, I was back on the couch.

"Jason."

I looked up and I saw Amanda tied to a chair with a gag hanging loose around her neck. Her ankles were tied, and her wrists were tied behind a chair. I looked around for the culprit of this sick joke. Just as I was about to untie her, and black hand came and pulled me away. The figure I had seen earlier, came from behind her and stabbed her thigh. Causing her to scream out in pain.

"Jason!"

I awoke with a start. I looked around and saw Kallie looking at me with a knowing smile. Amanda, who was still sleeping in my arms groaned, and turned to face my chest. She snuggled deeper and started snoring. I punched myself to make sure that this was reality.

"What exactly did you two do last night?" Kallie asked.

"Oh shush Kay," I said.

At the mention of her friend's name, Amanda's eyes flew open and she shot up, bumping her head on my chin in the process. She groaned and clutched her head. When she realized the position she was in, her cheeks flushed a light pink, but she was glaring daggers at Kallie.