Chapter 14- You'll Come To A Dead End Soon

Amanda's POV

After Jason had come out of the locker room, his hair was wet and we decided to head home. Neither one of us really wanted to go to the after party. Besides, I didn't tell my parents that I was going, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't appreciate it if I decided otherwise.

"That was amazing," I said. I had been praising Jason ever since the game ended, and each time he kept saying that I didn't need to. But it was necessary. That goal was scored in the nick of time, and it was truly amazing.

"That's like the fourteenth time you've said that," he said. "But thank you. Now please, stop."

I roll my eyes and rest my head against the window. WestPoint disappears from my view, and the strip of houses enter it.

"Do you know much about football?" He asked. I decided to be honest.

"No," I said. "But during gym class when you were practicing, I just searched up how to play football so that I wasn't completely lost."

He chuckled and shook his head. We came to a slow stop when we pulled into the driveway. I flung the door open and hopped up the stairs. Jason appeared beside me and I unlocked the front door.

"Mom? Dad? We're home!" I shouted.

"Well? How'd it go?" Dad asked when they came from the living room.

"We won!" I exclaimed.

My parents erupted into cheers and pulled Jason and I in for a hug. I knew that Jason wasn't really used to this type of parent love, and it saddened me to think about it. Did his parents even know how successful their son was in the sports department?

He looked a little unnerved, but I sent a small nod his way and he allowed himself to sink in my mom's embrace.

"Well, I'm headed upstairs. I need to go and change out of this outfit," I announced as I escaped the hug.

I bounded up the stairs and thought back to the events of tonight. Especially that kiss. I was serious about not wanting a relationship, and I was scared to think if Jason did. But then again, he was used to leading girls on. I just hoped that maybe this time I wasn't different, and that he would find someone else.

If he asks me out, I would have to say no. There would be too many secrets, and too many problems that would create a gap wider than the Pacific Ocean between us. And that wouldn't result in a comfortable relationship. Especially if the secret sharing was one sided.

We wouldn't have school tomorrow since it's a Friday and the teachers at our school have a PLF. Meaning they have to be taught what to teach us. So no school tomorrow!

I change out of my jeans and pull on some shorts. I grab one of Jason's black t-shirts that he left and slip that on. I unclasp my bra and let it fall to the ground.

This is literal heaven.

Seriously, there is nothing more satisfying then unclasping your bra.

I walk out the door and head to the guest room. The door is closed, so I assumed that Jason was changing. Or sleeping. That's all he ever does. I knock and the door swings open, revealing a Jason with baggy sweatpants and a sweater on. Honestly, it's not the most appealing look, but I get that he just played a football game and got tackled.

Several times.

So I didn't judge him. I push past him and launch myself into his bed.

"Sure you can come in," he says sarcastically.

"I'm bored. Wanna watch a movie?" I ask, resting my head in my hands and peering up at him like a little child.

"Not right now, I don't feel too good," he said. He wiped his nose with a tissue and I now notice the redness under his eyes. I scramble up in alarm and I put the back of my hand on his forehead and almost recoil at how hot it is.