Chapter 1- Risky

Lydia's POV
"Stef I'm nervous." I say to my older brother, he rolls his eyes. "Damn it Aide, how many times did I tell you we have to use our new names. It's Lorenzo now Lydia."

"Fine. I'm very nervous Enzo, I feel like something bad is going to happen and you know I'm never wrong." It feels like I have a rock in the pit of my stomach that's trying to push out. I'm scared.

"You can't be nervous, you just have to think positive-"

"How can I think positive when he's out there looking for us?" I snap angrily, he sighs and grabs my hand. "I promised myself that I would not let anything bad happen to you and I am going to keep that promise until the day I die. He's not going to find us this time, just keep your contacts in and keep your head held up high. We are going to go to school. We are going to make friends. And we are going to have a good life. From now on we have to forget about him and start focusing on our lives alright sis?"

I slowly nod. He's always found us, what says this time it's going to be any different?

"Okay good. Now get going, you're going to be late for your first day of senior year!" Before I could protest, he shoved my car keys in my hand and pushed me out the door. Stupid Stefano.

As I approached my new school, I couldn't help but admire the campus. It was big and very grassy and beautiful. Even the inside was beautiful, the walls were painted creatively, the hallways were decorated. This school is way better than any school I've been to by far.

I already knew the drill, it's the same thing over and over. Go to the office to get my schedule, I get a buddy and they show me around, blah blah blah. Unfortunately for me I got lost. Damn this school is huge.

I decided to ask this group of guys that was nearby. "Hey excuse me, do you know where the principals office is?" One of them that was wearing a SnapBack smirked. "Yeah, we know that place really well, we can show you-"

"Get lost douchebags. She's way out of your league." Some random girl interrupts leaving me a little curious. She was a lot taller than me, I would say maybe 5'9 but there was something about her that I wanted to get to know. She reminds me of my older sister.

"Rose?" I question, looking into her eyes with a smile. Once she shook her head I felt like an idiot. "I'm sorry I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I'm Piper, I hope my brother and his friends weren't bothering you. If they were I'll kick their asses don't worry." I didn't even look at her, I looked at the floor and wanted to cry. Truth is I haven't seen my sister in years, she said she would come back one day but she never did, and it's all my fathers fault.

"That's not necessary, I was just asking directions to the principals office-"

"Oh yeah, they know that place very well but I'll show you." She replies earning a grunt out of the boys. "Sorry boys, she's off limits."

The walk was silent until she decided to break it. "You're the new girl right?"

"Is it that obvious?" She chuckles and shakes her head. "No, I live across the street from you and I saw moving boxes. What's your name?"

"Lydia."

"That's such a cool name. Well, here we are. I can wait for you if you'd like." I shake my head and put a fake smile on my face. "I think I will be able to find my way, thank you for helping me though."

"No problem, and hey if you have any questions ask for Piper Santiago. See you around Lydia." She walked a way with a smile on her face leaving me to go get my schedule. I was greeted by the principal as I walked into the office.