Chapter 29- I Can Save Her

Lydia's POV
I woke up on the ground. The old house was on fire again and everyone was crying. There were also a bunch of ambulances around and cops on the scene. This is bad. This is really bad.

I saw Tim being carried into the ambulance so I ran over to him. "TIM!" He was awake but it was almost as if he didn't see me. So I ran over to Piper and everyone in hopes to ask what was going to happen to us but I got no answer.

"Guys, this isn't funny! I'm okay! Is Brandon okay?" I question, no answer. I go over to two cops and overhear them talking about what happened. "It's really a shame, they were so young, they shouldn't have to go through this trauma." One of the cops says, the other nods in agreement.

"How are the victims?" The second cop asks the first, he shakes his head. "The man is going to be okay. The boy had some head trauma but nothing too serious."

"And the girl?" The First cop shakes his head as they take away another body. I looked at that body and started to panic when I saw that it was me. Oh god, am I dead?

"No you're not." A voice says with a chuckle, I look over and see a tall figure standing next to me. "Well not yet." He says again while walking away, I run after him.

"Wait!" All of a sudden, I was in an old fashioned restaurant and the figure was sitting across from me. It took me some time to realize who it was, but when I did I was jumping for joy.

"I can't believe I didn't recognize you. You got hotter, too bad you didn't hit puberty before my dad killed you. But please, explain to me if I am dead." I question Wesley, he shakes his head as the waitress gives us our burgers.

"You're in what I call the place of return. You can either stay and your sins will decide whether you become a guardian like I am or, if you're one of the lucky ones then you can decide if you want to go back-"

"Okay. Well how do I go about doing that?" He smiles and laughs. Gosh I missed him so much. "Typical Adrianna. It's not that simple. You have to deal with your demons in order to be able to choose. Unless you choose to stay, but most people go through it either way and decide." I nod.

"Well how do I face it?" He shrugs. "It comes to you. It's like a dark wave, you feel weak and then just drop. It's kind of like an out of body experience but at the end it will show you what happened to you and you will have a choice. But in the meantime you just have to wait-"

"That's ridiculous! I'm not waiting!" I went to get up but it was as if something was pulling me back and I couldn't breathe. "I told you. That's not how it works. Unless you want to die without a choice I suggest you sit down and wait." So there I was. In the middle of nowhere, talking to my first love and waiting for death to show me how to come back and live again.

Brandon's POV
When I woke up, I felt as if someone put a jackhammer in my head and started banging on it. My vision was blurry and I was really confused. But there was only one thing on my mind. Lydia.

"You're awake! Oh thank god!" Piper grabbed me and hugged me, I winced in pain. "Sorry. Does that hurt?" She asks, I nod and look around.

"Lydia. Where's Lydia?" I question as my vision starts coming back, she gives me a sympathetic look and tries to change the subject. "Do you remember what happened?"

"Don't change the subject Pipes, where is she?" I snap, a tear slips down her face. Oh no. Please don't say she's dead.

"She was hurt pretty bad. She lost a lot of blood and the blast from the explosion really destroyed her. She needs a blood transfusion but since her blood type is so rare, none of us are a match, not even Tim." She grabs my hand and squeezes it before continuing. "It's really bad Brandon, the doctors said she might not make it."

I feel tears start to well up in my eyes but I wipe them away and try to get up, Piper stops me. "What are you doing?"

"Tell them to give her my blood. I need to see her." She pushes me back down. "You can't get up, you'll open your stitches and hurt your leg even more. I'll go get the doctor and he will explain the process to you." She walked out and a few minutes later the doctor came in.

"Hey Brandon, how are you feeling?" I glare at him. "How would you feel if your girlfriend is lying on her death bed and there is only a one percent chance you can save her?" I reply sarcastically, he sighs.

"Okay. Well your sister tells me that you want to give Lydia your blood. In order to do that we have to ask you your blood type and a couple of follow up questions." The doctor replies with a smile, I nod as he clicks his pen and gets ready to write on his clipboard.

"I am O negative." The doctor nods and writes it down. "Any STD's?" I shake my head. "Any diseases or sickness that runs in your family?" I shake my head again. "Are you up to date with your shots?" I nod, the doctor smiles.

"That's great. You are a perfect candidate. Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks, I nod again. "I've never been more sure of anything in my life. How quick can we get this thing started?"

"I'll have one of my nurses come in and get to work. They will be taking 2 pints of blood so make sure you lay down and keep drinking juice and staying hydrated afterwards. You'll feel very weak but give it a day and you should be up and running again." The doctor said with a smile before walking out.

The nurses came in a few minutes later and took my blood. "You're very generous for doing this Brandon." One of the nurses says, I smile.

"I love her, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes." I replied with a smile, the nurse nods. "Alright, all done. You did good. This could save her. Now remember, drink your juice and stay hydrated. The doctors want to keep you overnight to run some tests but you will be free to go in the morning." The nurse continued to smile walked out of my room, I looked at Piper with a wide smile on my face.

"Did you hear that Pipes? I can save her!" She gave me another sympathetic look. "Brandon, there's still no guarantee that you will save her. Even if the transfusion works, she could still be asleep for a long time. She's gonna be in a coma." My smile soon faded and sadness overcame me again.

"So no matter what I do, she's not gonna wake up." A tear falls down my face, she shakes her head and grabs my hand. "No, that's not it at all. You definitely increased her chances of surviving by doing this. Just the damages caused by both her getting shot, stabbed and the explosion were too much for her. Her body couldn't take it. The doctor told Tim that the explosion knocked her out and unfortunately she wasn't as lucky as you." At that point, Tears start streaming down my fault.

"Its all my fault. I did this." She shakes her head. "No. It wasn't your fault. Rose was a crazy evil bitch who was willing to stop at nothing. It wasn't your fault." I shake my head in denial.

"I could've protected her! Rose was going to shoot me back in the basement, but as she fired the gun Lydia jumped in front of me and it hit her instead. It's all my fault!" I start crying hysterically as Piper tries to convince me it's not my fault.

It's my fault. I killed her.
————————————————————
Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is pretty short but I had to get both Lydia and Brandon's point of views in one. What do you think is going to happen next? Will Brandon save Lydia? Will Lydia be able to save herself? Comment below and don't forget to vote! Thanks,
-Jen