Chapter 16- I Love You

Brandon's POV
It wasn't a crash. It was more of a boom noise. We thought it was an explosion, well technically it was because the engine blew out but that's beyond the point.

We were stuck in a sketchy town with no cellphone reception, and Nate decided to be the hero and step up because he actually knew where we were. "Everyone, stay calm. I happen to know where this is, and if I'm right then there is a hotel about a mile down that always has vacancy. My step-uncle owns the place, we can get in for free until the bus gets fixed. It's probably going to take a couple of days before the engine can be fixed so we need to walk fast. It's getting dark out, and when it's dark here bad things happen." Nate says worriedly, Lydia nods in agreement.

"He's right. We need to get moving and fast-"

"Oh and how would you know that Lydia?" Grace teases with a smirk, I give her a questioning look. "Just trust me okay? We need to get to that hotel where we will be safe for the night. What do you say mrs Daniels?" Lydia asks our supervising teacher, she nods.

"I say get your stuff and let's get the hell out of here. Nate and Lydia, lead the way!" We all got out of the bus, grabbed our stuff and started walking.

I had so many questions of my own, and this time I was going to get answers. I refuse to be pushed aside by Lydia again. I know she knows what's going on, and I'm going to do everything I can to stop it.

The walk was silent, as it grew darker weird things started happening. First it was Elena who casually sprained her ankle. Then one by one everyone started feeling funky. Lydia and Nate were being so secretive, I had to ask them.

"Can one of you explain to me what the hell is going on?" I whisper shout at them, Lydia shakes her head. "It's none of your concern Brandon-"

"Bullshit! We are dropping like flies! Elena with her ankle, Greg with his leg, Blaire with her headache, even mrs Daniels is acting as if she's high on something and you two know what's going on so fill me in. If there is a solution, I want to help. So please, fill me in."

"It's this town okay?! This is my hometown Brandon. This is where my mother and sister died! This is where all hell broke loose. This town... it changes people, and not for the better. This town forms monsters, and I am one of them. It's not a coincidence that we are here, we are here for a reason, and we are going to find out what that reason is." I looked at her like she was crazy, and then jealously overcame me when I realized she wasn't talking about me and her, she was talking about her and him.

"Why him? I thought you hated him! Why didn't you tell me this before?" I shout, causing everyone to look at us, she glares at me. "Shh keep your voice down Brandon-"

"No. I want to know the truth!"

"The truth is you were too busy being a jerk to even realize what was going on! Just because I told you that I couldn't be in a relationship with you, you went back to your playerish ways! I told you to keep an eye on Piper and Vince and you couldn't even do that because you were being childish Brandon. You think I would tell you something like this? How could I tell you something so big when you genuinely don't give a shit?" She snaps back, I sigh and try to grab her hand which she only pulled away.

"I know I've been an idiot and an asshole these past few days but I genuinely want to help. Whatever this is, we can get through it-"

"No we can't. Don't you get it? There is no us and there is no me and Nate either! Nate and I were friends way back when we both lived here and now all of a sudden five years later we are back by weird circumstances. I know it's not just me who thinks it's fishy, it's almost as if history is repeating itself and I'm going to get to the bottom of it. You want to help? You can help us make sure everyone gets to the hotel in one piece while I find out why this is happening." I've never seen that look in her eyes, it kind of scared to to be honest. It was a mixture of anger and pain, but mostly it was fear.