Chapter 3- You Look Like Shit

Lydia's POV
Going to school this morning was so hard. I was exhausted to say the least, ever since my nightmare I stayed up with a baseball bat sitting in front of our front door. I got no sleep.

"Damn Lydia what happened to you?" Blaire questions with a look of sympathy, I grunt and hold my head. "I feel how I look. Like shit."

"Oh no. What happened? Who's ass do I have to kick?" Piper questions angrily, clearly something is bothering her. "My stupid dreams. I had a bad dream that kept me up, no big deal."

"Damn, I really felt like kicking ass today." Piper grunts causing me to chuckle. "Why?"

"Grace is up my ass today." She replies while face palming herself, I give her a questioning look. "Who's Grace?"

"Let us embrace you into the wonderful world that is my evil sister. She's blonde, she's perky, and most of all she's a stone cold bitch." Blaire says with a chuckle, I look at her as if she had three heads. "She can't possibly be that bad-"

"Hey hobbit. Who's the fresh meat? The boys are going to eat her up! Honey I don't know why you would hang out with my ugly sister and her dumb friends instead of living the cool life with me. Here's my number if you change your mind. Kisses!" First she took my phone and put her number in it, then she blew a kiss and walked away.

"Yeah never mind she's a bitch." I reply dryly as we watch her walk away, the girls just laugh. "I told you. She started referring to me as hobbit because she feels as if I resemble smeagol from Lord of The Rings." Blaire says with anger clear on her face, I shake my head.

"That's horrible. What do your parents say about it?" I question, making the look on Blaire's face do a complete 180. She went from angry to sad.

"My parents are dead. They um died in a car crash when I was twelve so we live with our grandmother who is too senile to function at the moment." At that moment I felt like I could feel her pain, not in a sympathetic way, but in an I get you kind of way.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I know you probably don't even want to hear that and just forget about it but it is okay to remember. Remember the good."

"Damn. That was deep." Blaire says with a smile, I chuckle. "I just know what it's like to lose someone close to you."

"I'm sorry for your loss-"

"Guys can we please stop talking about death. It's depressing!" Just as Piper was going to continue her sentence, the bell rang and she was off and left us in the dust. "That may have sounded kind of insensitive but I promise she's not like that. Her family has been through a lot this past year, she just doesn't want everything to be revolving around darkness and sadness, you know?"

"Trust me, I understand that very clearly." I reply with a nervous laugh, Blaire smiles. Unfortunately her smile was cut short by Brandon and his boys whistling at us.

"Sup babe." Brandon comments with a smirk, I chuckle. "Hey jackass." His smirk only grew wider and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Ah sarcasm! I love it. Glad to call you my babe-"

"Let me stop you right there B. First of all, I'm not your girlfriend so don't be calling me babe. Second, hell yes I'm sarcastic as shit so you better watch your back cuz you don't know when I'm being serious or not. And third, the bell just rang so will you and your mediocre friends move out of my way so Blaire and I can get to class? Thanks." I pushed him out of the way and grabbed Blaire's hand and pulled her to class.

"Ooh girl he's totally into you!" Blaire chants excitedly, I shake my head. "No, he's totally into my body."

"Look, I know Brandon can be a jerk but he's been through a lot-"