Chapter 8- Screw You

Lydia's POV
Once I went home yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about what Piper said. He likes me. Nathan really likes me.

I had to leave school early to take my brother's girlfriend Haley to get a sonogram to check on the baby. I had plenty of time to ask her for advice since Stefano had to work. But first let me explain the story of Stefano and Haley.

Haley knows everything about us. She knows about my father, she knows about what she did and she knows my father is out for our blood. Back when we were Morgan and Jacob Sage, my brother fell in love. He risked everything for love, he told her everything even with the risk that she would run away and hate him forever. Lucky for him, she didn't run. They got married a year later but then our father found us and we had to leave, she came with us. Then a couple weeks ago we found out that she is 3 months pregnant. That is one of the reasons my brother wants me to stay away from people, for the sake of that baby living a good life.

In the waiting office, I decided to ask Haley about the Nathan situation. "So how was school?" She questions, I smile.

"Actually, it was okay. I found out that this boy I'm friends with has a crush on me."

"Ooooh yay! Are you going to go out with him?" She asks while wiggiling her eyebrows teasingly, I shake my head. "I don't think so. I can't risk that."

"Well do you like him?" I shrug which only made her laugh. "Honestly, he makes me feel something. But after what happened to Wesley I am afraid to love again. Stefano is right, maybe if I stay away then I can keep them from danger."

"Aide, if there's one thing I learned from marrying your brother, its that love is unpredictable. There are going to be obstacles but you will get through them. Don't live your life in fear, embrace the now." She grabs my hand and smiles as the doctor calls her in.

I spent all night thinking about what she said and I decided that she is right. I have to embrace the now and forget about the past for a little while. I'm going to tell Nate how I feel.

I woke up early just so I could dress all nice. I even did my hair and makeup. This was going to be a day to remember, I could sense it.

I drove to school with a smile on my face, I was ready to tell him everything. This was my chance. I held my head up high even as I got glares and glances by a bunch of people. I didn't care who was staring at me, I was going to go up to Nate and tell him.

I skipped over to his locker with a smile. "Hey Nate." I said flirtatiously, he didn't flinch. "Hey." He said shortly, I looked at him as if he had just said something wrong which in my opinion he did. He never talks dryly with me, I'm the only one he really opens up to.

"What's up?"

"The sky." He closed his locker and was slammed against the locker by some girl. I didn't think anything of it until the girl started kissing him. Then I got a good look at the girl who was looking right at me only to realize that it was Grace.

Anger started building up in my body. I hate her. I was so angry that tears started forming in my eyes. I would not let her win, I will not let them see me cry. I just ran in the opposite direction. I sat in home room, slammed my books on the floor and buried my head in my arms. I'm tired of getting spit on. Can't I just have one thing that is good in my life?!

"Lydia, are you okay?" Brandon questions, I glare at him with tears rolling down my face. "Do I look okay to you?" I snap angrily, he sighs.

"No you don't, that's why I'm asking you. Look I may act like a douchebag but I have feelings too, you can talk to me. What's wrong?" He goes to grab my hand but I pull away and sniffle.