Chapter 14- Im Sorry, What?

(A/N- gif of Grace)
Brandon's POV
Things this week have been very calm, luckily I was successful with my mission of making Lydia forget what is going on in her life for awhile. We actually were having fun, that was until Piper suggested that we all go out to a club.

"Oh come on guys, I think it'll be fun!" Piper pleads, Lydia shakes her head. "Not after last time." This time it was Grayson's turn to plead.

"Please? Everyone's going! It'll be fun, and after what happened with Grace I need fun. Pretty please?" Gray adds on, I shake my head. "She said no, you guys can go-"

"But we all are most likely going to get drunk so then can you be our designated driver B?" Piper questions, I look at Lydia before quickly shaking my head. "I won't leave her alone-"

"I'll go under one condition. Brandon has to be sober too because I am not drinking at all after the last party, especially because I just took my meds. So go get dressed, I'll make sure you guys don't get too drunk or do anything stupid." The minute Lydia give the okay, they all ran into their rooms and changed it was hilarious.

"I don't want you to be pressured into going-"

"I'm not, I'm going of my free will. Sometimes we have to face our fears to get passed the bigger obstacles right? Anyways, I have to stay alert, I haven't said anything but I have been having very bad nightmares about my father and they aren't repressed memories which scares the hell out of me. I'm just very afraid."

"Of what? I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I promised and I don't break promises anymore." I went to grab her hand but just like that she pulled away again. "I can't do this Brandon. I really thought I could but I can't. You're amazing and I love you for it, but the last time I had nightmares like this something really really bad happened so j have to be on my A game... I can't have any distractions. I hope you understand, I'm really sorry."

I know I shouldn't be angry because I expected that she would back out but I am angry. She let her walls down and now she's slowly putting them back up. As much as I hate to do this, I know what I have to do.

"Yeah fine. Whatever, I have to go, see you later." I could tell she was upset but I had to do this. I went to the one person who first helped tear down her walls.

I knocked on his door and he answered with a smile, that was until he saw me. "What do you want B?"

"I need your help Nate. It's about Lydia."

"What makes you think I-"

"I know why you're hooking up with Grace. You are doing it to protect her, and you are pushing Lydia away just so she wouldn't know the truth. I know because it is something I would do. I love her Nate, and I know you do too. You are my only hope."

"Fine. Come in, we'll talk."
Lydia's POV
I felt horrible. Brandon was the one thing that made me feel good and happy. But of course my father had to go and ruin it.

Last night I had a nightmare that was more like a memory, just instead of Wesley being killed by my father it was Brandon. Plus I got a call from Stefano and Haley saying that they received another letter from our father that said he will see us soon so to say I am on edge would be an understatement.

I need to cut Brandon out romantically and treat all of them the same. I do not want a repeat of what happened with Wesley. It will break me.

Piper was the first one to come back into the room and she saw that I was upset, when I told her nothing was wrong she wasn't buying it.

"Come on Lydia, tell me what's wrong? What did Brandon do? Do I have to chop his balls off?" She questions angrily, a tear falls down my face as I shake my head. "No. I'm the one who messed up."