Chapter 2- Nightmares

(Gif of Lorenzo)
Lorenzo's POV
I'm deeply worried about my sister. We have been through hell but we never managed to make it back because we are still on the run. I'm afraid he's going to get us too but I can't show it for the sake of her.

Everyday it's always the same thing, I fake a smile and tell her to think positive but the truth is he always finds us. Where there's a will there's a way and he's not going to stop till we are both dead.

I was knocked out of my train of thought when Lydia came through the door with an aggravated expression on her face. "Hey sis, how was your day?"

"Meh. I made a couple friends but who knows how long that's going to last. You know what happens every time I get my hopes up." She replied with a grunt, plopping on our couch.

"How do you expect to make any new friends with that attitude? You can't think that way you have to-"

"Oh my god Stef if you say I have to stay positive one more time I'm going to kill myself! I lose brain cells every time you say that. I'm tired of staying positive! Staying positive hasn't done shit for me! I want to be normal! I want to have friends and a boyfriend! I want to go to prom! I want to fucking graduate! But at this rate who knows?! He could find us any time any day and do you know what that is doing to me?" I hate seeing her like this, it's scary.

"Lydia, you're sick, you need to calm down-"

"No Stef, I'm not sick! I'm crazy and that bastard made me that way! I hate him! I hate him I hate him I hate him!" She starts screaming and pulling at her hair while walking back and fourth.

Ever since that first day we ran, I knew something was up with her. Who could blame her after what we saw? What we saw what indescribable, and what he made us do was unspeakable.

After our father found us the second time, I was 20 so I was able to sign documents at the therapy center. Her Psychiatrist diagnosed her with bipolar disorder, anxiety, and depression. It got really bad, she even attempted suicide which was how he found us the third time. After that we made a pact. No doctors, no help, we handle this on our own.

I went over to her and started stroking her hair, something that always calmed her down as a kid. "It's okay not to be okay Aide. We have been through hell but we can't let him depict what's going to happen to us forever. I will not let anything happen to you I promise. You and me against the world, remember? You are going to be able to enjoy your high school experience this year. You are going to go to dances, make friends, go to prom, go to parties and who knows, maybe you'll find yourself a boyfriend along the way."

"Yeah right"

"I promise you this time things are going to be different. Live life to the fullest, I have a good feeling here. I think we are going to do good here, you just have to believe it too. For now let's just eat dinner and get some rest okay?" I made sure to make my voice as soft as possible because that's how it always calmed her down when things got bad.

"Okay. I'm just going to lay here for a little while, tell me when dinner is ready." She yawns, I chuckle as I get up and walk to the kitchen.

"Hey Stef?"

"Yeah?" I reply, stopping in my tracks, she smiles. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"For being the best brother I could ask for. I love you." She replies with a yawn, I smile. "Love you too sis." I then made my entrance into the kitchen and started cooking Adrianna's favorite meal. Chicken Parmesan.