6

"Don't date them." He said straight forward with a serious face.

"D-date? W-why?" she asked a little shocked of the sudden statement.

"They're a bunch of starving animals in the zoo." He said biting into his Pop-tart and smacking his lips, eating with his mouth open as crumbs landed on Aera's face.

She put her hand to her face feeling crumbs along her skin. "EWWWW YOU NASTY, YOU'RE THE HUNGRY ANIMAL" She attempted to wipe it on him but she accidently wiped it on the couch as he made his escape. She reached out looking for him but it was only empty space.

"You monkey! I'll get you later and make you eat bananas for the rest of your life." She crossed her arms and sat back carefully on the couch.

"Whatever." he rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"Where's mom?" she hadn't noticed her presence since she came home.

"She went to the grocery I think. She thinks I have time for dinner but I---" His phone rang.

"Hello. Yea. Okay, on my way." He hung up the phone.

"Like I was saying I don't have time for dinner, so tell mom an excuse for me." He picked up his belongings ready to head out the door.

"Whatever, it's better than you getting someone pregnant." she laid on the couch as it was getting comfier.

"Shaddup you wierdo, I'll pick you up tomorrow after class. Love you sis!" He hollered as he left the house.

The couch was comfy and she drifted off to sleep.

I was in the car again peering over at my father, he seemed so happy yet dead of exhaustion. He was so proud of his son. The scene was replaying in my head like a broken record. Again, he falls asleep and I try to stop the damage. But no, it's too late. I'm now staring at him and he's yet again covered in rose petals. But this time something was different....the hem of shirt caught on fire and slowly the flames were moving up his upper body. Shit, Shit.

"Aera! Wake up"

I sat up abruptly. I was feeling hot, I placed a hand on my forehead I was covered in sweat. It was my painful memory again, haunting me. I sighed in relief, it felt so real.

"Aera, you were just having a bad dream." It was my mother. I recognized her sweet, soothing voice. I nodded. She held to my shoulders.

"Where's your brother?" She asked.

"He had a meeting to go to, so he can't have dinner with us." I said.

"Oh okay." Her voice sounded a little dull.

"Mom, Oppa said he talked to you about me going to his company... Are you fine with that? You won't feel lonely, right?" I searched for my mother's hands and placed them in mine. Ever since dad passed away things have been hard for her. Oppa was gone all the time making music for the last 5 years and I was just useless since I'm blind. I couldn't help her with anything but more of a burden towards her. That's at least what I thought.

"Don't worry about me, honey. You wouldn't get an opportunity like this. If you're happy I'm happy." She was softly rubbing my hands, eliminating my worries.

"What about Appa? Appa didn't like music, he refused Oppa to do music and only made him study..." Dad didn't like Namjoon rapping during high school, he thought it was unintellectual and learning was the best way to succeed and be happy. I just don't want to disappoint him.

"Aera, your brother is happy now. I'm sure your father is at ease watching him from heaven. He's even happier that your alive, so do what you love darling. Eomma will support you alwa-" Her voice sounded suppressed not being able to take out the other few words.

I placed my hand on her cheeks, they were wet and she burst out crying. "Eomma, please don't cry. I'm fine, I promise." I tried calming her down, holding her. She didn't stop. She thought it was all her fault for me being visionless. She always broke down when she saw me in this state, as a blind. It must've reminded her of reality or I just brought back painful memories of my father being gone.

"I'm sorry, I won't cry anymore." She sniffled.

"Let's have dinner, I made your favorite lasagna." She got up from the couch.

"Okay I'll set the plates." I counted my way to the kitchen which was a total of 17 steps from the living room and then I placed the plates ever so carefully on the table so they wouldn't break just in case my calculations were inaccurate.

After dinner, I went to my room and took a quick shower. Fortunately, not messing up the order of shampoo and conditioner this time. I slipped into my warm bed with comfy pajamas. I nuzzled into the sheets, the smell of clean linen relaxed me. Mom must've changed the bed sheets. I started thinking about everything that happened today. It was a long day...I can't believe the rare opportunity that Oppa gave me. Anyone would die to have that chance. Why was I so special? I then thought of meeting the members and the video call we had earlier. My lips turned up from the thought, they seem so energetic. I wish I had that much energy. My attention then came to Suga and Jungkook. AHHHH!! I sinked my head into the pillow out of nervousness and excitement. I grabbed my phone by the side of my bed and found my head phones which I had hung around my bed post.

"Siri, Play Suga So Far Away." I released the home button.

"Okay." She replied back.

"Okay~" I mocked her and she obliged to my request.

The song began and my mind was at ease. 'Hago sipeun ge eopsdaneu...'

Suga's voice yet again made my heart beat fast. His choice of language, diction, style of expressing his words comforted me. Jin and Jungkook's part begun "So far away..."

I loved all the member's voices but there was just something about Jungkook's vocal that struck me instantly. As Jin's part had come along I remembered the video call, "you're really pretty." Was I? I placed a finger on my forehead moving along the bridge of nose to my lips. Feeling my cheekbones after. How much had I changed since 5 years ago? I don't remember my childhood as much due to the accident. It was all so difficult to picture. Before I would stress, I closed my eyes and allowed the song to comfort me as their voices placed me in paradise.