8

It was almost two months after the accident and Aera started attending high school again. It was her 2nd year of high school. She was scared, confused how she would go about her high school years now. She couldn't didn't have her vision and she didn't believe it. 'It was all just a bad dream' she thought. She said that to herself constantly. Did it help? That's how she was able to live till now. Reality hit her when she was with her friends being capable to hear their voices but everything else was just dark. In class, when they offered her all sort of books that were suitable for her as a blind. They let her attend high school, her brother reached nationals and left a good name. So as his sister they offered her all sorts of adjustments.

Reality really smacked her in the face when a boy would bother her to the point she wanted to kill herself. She didn't know his name. He'd put baby powder in her locker, when she'd open to gather her books with Bomi's help, it would come out and burst among their faces. He would take her chair away and she'd fall when she would sit down in class. She was unknown of the situation and hurt by the person who was pulling all sorts of pranks on her. That was all childish.

Then there was one day when the boy saw her accidently walk into the storage room looking for the bathroom and locked her in there. She was left in there till morning. She screamed, she screamed. No one could hear her. She sat back against the wall covering her face in her hands bawling. She felt mute for the night as no one could hear her. She was blind and she thought she was useless for herself and the people around her. Bomi luckily found her, searching for her everywhere as she came early to school looking for her.

Her mother had picked her up from Bomi's call. Bomi explained the situation to her mother who was in complete tears.

Her mother took her to the bathroom and told her to change her clothes, leaving her a warm bath.

She didn't want that. She wanted something else. Something that could take the pain away when she was in this state. She knew what could make her feel better, what would make her back with her father perhaps. She scurried looking for a blade, as she had knocked everything off the counter feeling the tip and sides of random objects. She found it. She felt the exterior of the steel harshly and winced in pain as she had cut herself deeply. She couldn't see she was bleeding, she couldn't see what tone of red her own blood was. That frustrated her more.

"Aera. Are you okay?" her mother called from a distance as she was approaching the bathroom.

Quickly, she ignored her pain and she let the tip of the metal slide trough her wrist, at least she had thought it would end her misery, it was below the crucial area.

Her mother had walked in "AERA---oh my Aera darling no! I'm sorry! It's my fault! Don't leave me!! I need you baby!! Please!!" she threw the blade across the bathroom and held her precious daughter in her chest crying loudly.

Aera's eyes welled up with tears, "I-I'm sorry mom, I-I'm s-so sorry"...I promise I won't do that again" she held her mother.

Aera was homeschooled since then. Namjoon had paid his sisters education as she did homeschooling and Aera was able to meet her new friend Bomi at the time every day since she visited occasionally. She was happy she was homeschooled; she wanted to avoid being hurt, being among a large crowd.

During her teen years, she would always go to the Music Café down a couple blocks and play with Bomi on the pianos that they allowed visitors to play. She taught herself how to learn music, it wasn't easy since she was blind but she saved as much as she could to buy brail piano books and practice at the Music Café as much as she could.

Reality was painful, her family, friends, and music were her everything so she lived for them.

Who was that boy? She's still curious till this day.

A/N: ~ I got a boy on my chin~