18

It was Sunday. Aera didn't have those heart-breaking memories devour her in her sleep last night, she had heartwarming ones instead. She didn't know of who but someone that made her heart ache when she woke up. They felt so real.

She had the same dream again with the pale skinned male in a uniform, taking her along the path between the well blossomed trees. It must've been spring. The sun finally left his face being exposed to her. He had black hair, he was very light skinned and looking at her with affection in his eyes. He smiled at her with a gummy smile. He then came close to her and softly pecked her forehead, she felt it even though it was a dream. She felt his slight thin smooth lips on her forehead, leaving a stamp of his possession.

She woke up. The room was quiet. What the hell was that? Was that supposed to be a start of a wet dream or something? She rubbed her face and got up to start the day. She took her toothbrush in her hand and started brushing her teeth the sudden incident of last night fled through her mind. She clenched her eyes closed.

Did that really happen? She knew he liked her, but what if she wasn't feeling the same way? "Starting today, You're mine." She remembered him say, did that mean they were something? That line made her legs wobble but she just wanted to be friends. She liked him but not that way. What if he was already in love with her? She didn't want to hurt him. He was nice to her.

She needed advice, so she called up Bomi.

"Aera! What's up?" Bomi said from the other line.

"Can you come over?" She said as she put her toothbrush back in its place.

"Yeah! I'll be there in 10." And she hung up.

Aera fixed her bed and went downstairs, the house was quiet again. Her mother must've been working. She was gone usually for the weekends for work and at home during the weekdays. For Aera, it was the opposite with school.

She took a pop tart out of the pantry as she felt the plastic wrapper and munched on that in the living room. She felt depressed today. She wanted to play the piano or do something music related, she sighed. She remembered Suga, how he'd help her and his voice was so mellow. Explaining her things as he did the in the studio, out in the basketball court. How his touch was so familiar different from Jungkook's. I miss him... Her eyes enlarged from the thought.

"The fuck did I just say?" she felt crumbs go down her shirt.

"ughh.. It must be this pop tart, it's probably old making me think weird things.." She threw the poor pop tart away and cleaned out her shirt.

The doorbell had rung. She went to get the door and Bomi hugged her. "I missed you yeobu!" she stroked her head.

"Me too Chagi!" She giggled and hugged her back.

They sat in the living room, facing each other.

"What's wrong Aera?" Bomi held her hand.

"Nothing really.. I just woke up depressed this morning. And I don't know..something's really bothering me." She faced down.

"Tell me." She patted her arm.

And she told her what happened last night and how she felt about it.

"Let me just say, damn. That's so hot, you guys kissed during studying and said you were his??" Bomi sat in an upright position loving the story.

"That's not the point..." She faced down again.

"Then fine. How do you feel about him?"

"I like him as a friend. It's been only 2-3 weeks since I met him." Aera said.

"I mean it could be possible that he developed feelings for you."

"I just don't feel the same way. My heart races when he's flirting with me but it's more like I'm shocked because of his actions. It's not the heart flutter kind....Ugh I don't know."

"Why don't you try dating him and see how your feelings turn out? You probably like him deep down and you don't know it." She pressed her hand against hers.

"Maybe..." Deep down she was with someone else and far for her to realize.

"Hey let's go shopping!" Bomi stood up, yanking Aera up on her feet.

"Okay, let me get my jacket." She went upstairs to gather her belongings.

Her phone had rung, "DIng ,dINg, DIng ,dINg, DIng ,dINg call from Suga." They traded each other's number last week due to work. And he called her for the first time. Her heart pounded in her chest and she was nervous.

"Hello? Suga?" She answered.

"Hey, sorry to bother you on a Sunday. Uh—I actually wanted to take you somewhere. You'll probably come up with some music ideas.... If you have time."

She thought of Bomi. "Yeah Suga give me one sec." She held the phone with both hands and carefully went downstairs.

"Bomi!" She whispered, walking to the living room.

"I'm over here." She said behind her.

"Hey I'm sorry but how about we go shopping some other time?" She smiled with her dimplesin a cute gesture.

"Yea that's fine. Why? Who's on the phone?" She peered to see the ID, but couldn't.

"Uh, no one. Bye I'll see you later" she ushered her out. Bomi waved back.

"Hello?" She placed her phone on her ear.

"...Yea I'm here, I almost fell asleep." He yawned.

"Sorry." She scratched her head.

"I'll pick you up then in 30 minutes?"

"Yea that's fine!" she smiled happily.

She went up and took a hot warm shower as today was a cold day out. She was singing in the shower happily like she was a teenager going on her first date. Was this a date? She hadn't felt this happy in a while, her thoughts of last night disappeared into thin air. The thought of going out with Suga excited her. She didn't know what she was feeling but she liked it and little did she know of the connection she had with him.