Chapter 6: "That irascible bastard"

Jaehee's P.O.V.

I can't stop thinking that I ditched that Kai yesterday.. Oh! I bet he waited for hours at the narrow lane yesterday. Aigoo, I guess I'll just apologize to him later. I need to be nice to him so he could still help me on finding Mr. Stranger... And... I could really sense that, that Kai dude has something to do with Mr. Stranger.. I know it's hard to conclude things but I'm just thinking he might know something..

I woke up from my thoughts when the bell rung announcing that the class was over. Aigoo. I didn't learn anything today.. *sigh* I just stood up and packed my things inside my bag.

“Bye, Jaehee.” Yoon-ji bid me goodbye, surprising me a little.

“Bye.” I said, waving my hand as a goodbye and she exited the classroom. I put my backpack on and walked out of the school. After a split minute, the car arrived so I quickly got inside.

---------------

When I arrived at home.

“I'm home.” I said, loud enough for everyone in this house to hear me. I removed my shoes and smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen. *sniff, sniff* I walked towards the kitchen and saw Kyungsoo oppa baking some cookies.

“Woah! that looks delicious, oppa!” I said, as I startled him. Haha! Oppa is always cute when he startled nor surprised. “Oppa, why are you making cookies?”

“Oh, I'm trying different flavors on my cookies but I guess the chocolate ones are the only edible.” He said, purring his lips.

“Yah! Don't lose hope.” I said, picking the strawberry-flavored cookie and took a bite. I chewed it slowly then swallowed it. “Woah~ This taste delicious too, oppa!” I honestly said, then smiled at him.

“Really?” He asked, as his eyes widened that it's usual size.

I just nodded like a little kid.

“Thanks, Jaehee.” He said, then handed me a box of cookies.

“What's this for?” I asked, as I took the box from his hand slowly.

“Give it to Sehun. I remembered the last time you forced me to bake a cake for your anniversary with him. I already knew you, Jaehee.. so today I came prepared.” He said, smiling brightly but I knew he notice me, not smiling at all. “What's wrong?” He asked, this time his worried.

“...Oppa, Sehun and I broke up already.” I said, almost whispering. “It's a long story, oppa and I don't want to talk about so if you're going to ask what happened.. I'm not gonna answer..”

“Okay. I understand.”

“Thanks, oppa. But I'll keep this box of cookies, okay? I need to give it to someone else.” I smiled and he nodded. I walked upstairs, straight to my bedroom and change my clothes into an aqua blue v-neck shirt, simple skinny jeans and a pair of blue sneakers. After I finished changing my clothes, I went downstairs and bid Kyungsoo oppa goodbye then exited the house, with the box of cookies in my hand. I walked my way over the narrow lane since it's just walking distance away from our house.

As soon as I reached my destination, I saw two unfamiliar guys standing at the narrow lane. I looked closely, and they're cute. Hm, what are they doing here? Who are they?..    Wait! Could it be that at least one of them is.. Mr. Stranger? As soon as I thought of that, I walked towards them immediately.

“Ahm. Hello.” I greeted the both of them, as I smiled adorably. They shifted their attention to me once they heard me speaking.

“Oh hi, angel.” The tall dude greeted. Angel? Who's Angel? My name's not Angel..