Chapter 23: "You'll know."

Jaehee's P.O.V.

*sigh* It's Monday morning again and ahhh! I just hate Monday mornings.. it's just I really am feeling lazy getting up every monday morning, my body is still feeling ‘the weekend vibes.’ You know what I mean?

Well, as if I can do anything. Of course, I have no choice but to go to school since, it's my responsibility. As of now, I'm taking out some books from my locker and when I'm done getting my books, I closed my locker door then I noticed a familiar girl's presence, standing beside me. I shifted my attention to her and looked at her blankly. “Oh it's you Dona.”

“Yeah.. Hi.” She greeted, shyly then looked at the books on my hand. “Let me help you with that books, okay?” She said, immediately extending her hands to me and helped me, carry my books for me.

“Ah, thanks.” I said plainly, then we both started walking toward my classroom, since we're from a different class, alongside each other. I didn't try getting my books from her since I need help anyway. Hm, I wonder what she wants now? She suddenly transformed into a kind girl, I wonder what's up with her?

While we're walking, she started a conversation to break the awkward silence between us. “Ah, Jaehee.. I would just like to apologize for all the things I did to you, especially when you almost died, drowning.” She said, looking at the floor as she talk.

“Oh, that. I already forgot that so it's okay. I'm okay.” I answered, with my emotionless face. But what I said is true. I already forgot about that incident and I'm okay now. Thanks to the person who is always there for me— Kai. Aish! This isn't good! My mind has been taken over by Overlord Kai! XD Hahaha!

“Good thing, you're boyfriend came and saved you.” She said. This time, she glanced at me then smiled. Boyfriend? Kai's my boyfriend? I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT~ *giggle*

I didn't bother correcting her and just agreed to what she said. Hihi. “Yeah, I owe him my life.” I said, dreamily smiling to myself. “How about you and Sehun? Any progress yet?” I asked, glancing back at her.

After I interrogated her, she surprisingly dropped the books on the floor. “Oohh, sorry. I was just surprised to what you asked.” She said, kneeling to get all of my books that she dropped.

“You okay?”

“Yes. I'm fine.” She said, as she stood up and finished picking all of my books on the floor. Her voice wasn't lively like it was before, it changed. Did something happened to them?

“Did you guys break up?” I asked.

She nodded her head shyly then spoke. “It's just.. we weren't compatible to each other anymore.”

“Ahh.” That's all I managed to say and did a simple nod.

“Oh, look we're here.” She said, as we arrived in front of the classroom.

“Ah, thank you for carrying these book for me. I appreaciate it.” I said, as I took my books from her hands. “Alright, I'm going in.”

“Oh, wait, Jaehee.” She said, stopping me from my tracks. “I hope we can be friends.” She said, smiling at me timidly.

I answered a simple “Why not?” Then smiled brightly at her. After that, I proceeded, entering the classroom.

I scanned my eyes around the whole room but I haven't seen a tall, adorable, charismatic, tanned guy named Kai. Where is he? Is he skipping class today? I just shrugged that thought away and walked toward my seat. As I placed my book above my desk and my bag beside my seat, I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun playing some childish game, I don't know. I tapped Baekhyun's shoulder, interrupting their game.