Chapter 19: Dinner

Jaehee's P.O.V.

Things happened like a blink of an eye.. It's so damn fast. A week had passed and Taemin and I started dating, while me and Kai? *sigh* We're still giving each other a cold shoulder. I don't know what's up with him, but he should have try talking to me.. since he owe me one.

As of now, I'm at Taemin's house, having a very nice dinner with Taemin's parents, and I must say that Kai's still not here to join us. He must be somewhere else. Since his parents said that they like meet me. I know, we're still dating but don't they think it's too fast to meet me yet? Like we aren't in a relationship.. we're just dating..

“Oh, Jaehee.. You just look lovely. I can't stop complementing you.” Taemin's mom said for the nth time tonight ever since I arrrived at their place, as she elegantly cutting the steak in her plate using her own fork and knife.

“Thank you for the compliment. AGAIN.” I said, smiling at them as I emphasized the word ‘again’.

“Anyway, where's Kai? He should have join us for dinner.” Taemin's dad said, as he examined his eyes over the area to look for Kai.

“You know Kai, Dad. He's out somewhere with his friends. That troublemaker.” Taemin responded, whispering the last phrase.

Once I heard what Taemin said, I don't know.. but my heart softened like I wanted Kai to be here and make him feel my comfort, since his family... doesn't seem to care for him, I think? That's just what I think.

“Ooh, that kid. What did I do wrong raising him? Why didn't he turn like you, Taemin?” His mom said, shaking her head.

I didn't know Kai was treated like this. Here. By his own family. Should they just care for him, not compare him with Taemin. I know Kai, has done something good in his life.. Even if it's just once.

The door from the living room was slammed open which snapped me back to reality. We heard footsteps coming toward to our direction— the dining room.

The footsteps stopped walking when I felt the presence in the entrance of the dining room. My attention shifted to the person and it's Kai, with his messy cool hair, wearing a black leather jacket that totally suits him and a ripped skinny jeans.

“What's the occasion?” He asked, in a nonchalant voice as he sat in front of Taemin and eyed Taemin, like he was some kind of wolf, wanting to kill another predator.

“Well, I'd like you to meet, Taemin's soon-to-be-girlfriend.” Their mom said, happily as she gestured her hand to me.

I just forced a smile, avoiding to look at Kai. Aish, why am I like this? He should be the one feeling guilty for not telling me the truth, but it ended up the other way around.. What's up with me?!

“Ah. I know her. I know her more than anyone else.” He said, still looking at Taemin, just like what he did before.

Taemin just looked away, as he did a teasing smirk. What's going on between these two?

“What do you mean, Kai?” Their dad, interrogated.

“Nothing. Jaehee and I are in the same class.” Kai answered, as he shifted his attention to me. “Hello, Jaehee. We haven't talk for a while.” Kai said, in calm voice and blankly stare at me.

I just nodded my head slowly and forced a smile then lowered my head.

------------------

After we finished our dinner, Taemin exited their house and went to the garage to get his car while their parents left as well, since they'll be having business meeting. I entered their restroom and fixed my hair. I opened the restroom door and I was shocked to see Kai outside.

“Kai! What the hell are you doing here?” I asked, as I placed my hand on my chest because of the shock.

Kai didn't respond and just looked at me with that soft eyes of his. He grabbed my waist gently and entered the restroom. It was claustrophobic since it's just a restroom for their guest. He locked the door and curved some strands of my hair behind my ear. “Jaehee, why are you doing this to me?” Kai whispered, seductively. His voice's so seductive yet full of pain.

“Kai! Let me go. I better get going!” I said as I tried myself to release from Kai's hand around my waist. He let go of his hand around my waist, but he placed his hand on my shoulders and pinned me on wall.

“Ah!” I groaned in pain as I felt my back hit the wall.

“I've had enough of Taemin's lie, Jaehee! What made you believe that his your Mr. Stranger? Does he have any proof, huh?” He yelled at me.

“I don't need any proof, Kai! I felt it! And why shouldn't I believe him? His the only person who confessed to me about it! And what could be his intention if he's not really Mr. Stranger, huh?” I yelled at him back as I gritted my teeth in anger.

Kai just placed his forehead into mine, and whispered under his breathe. “I warned you, Jaehee. Taemin isn't the guy you're looking for.. Just open your eyes and your heart, and you'll know who's really for you.” He said, as he give me a small peck on my forehead first, then on the tip of my nose, and lastly on my lips. He cupped my face after he did all that and exited the restroom.

I was in a bit shock, after he did that. I just froze.. His kisses might be simple, just a simple peck but I felt his kisses were very warm, familiar yet different. I couldn't explain it but I want more of him, I want him.

Aish! Jaehee, what the hell are you thinking? You sounded like a freaking pervert..

Oh, Kai.. Why are you doing this to me? And what do you mean by what you said?

•••••••••••••••••••

Another update~ I hope you liked this. Keep supporting my fic. Sorry for the late update anyways.. Vote and Comment as well!

#WeBelieveYouKris

•×LuHainne