Chapter 36

Adrien grinned in triumph and looked at his work. He took his phone out and called Nino. "Nino, tell Alya to tell Marinette to come to the park at 5 this evening but tell her not to tell her it was me who told you to tell her to tell her." He said into the phone when Nino answered.

There was a long pause.

"Uhh...Okay." Nino said unsurely and ended the call.

--

"Alya." Nino said.

"What Nino?" Alya asked in annoyance. She was watching videos on YouTube until Nino called.

"Um, Adrien told me to tell you to tell Marinette to go to the park at 5 this evening but don't tell her, he told me to tell you to tell her." Nino said slowly.

"Why?" Alya asked.

"I don't know." Nino said. Alya began to grin. "I think I know why." She said.

"Ohh, tell me." Nino said smugly. "I think they're going on a date." She said knowingly.

"Pssh, no," Nino scoffed. "If it was a date, Adrien would have asked her." He finished. Alya face palmed. "IT'S TECHNICALLY THE SAME THING!" She exclaimed.

"Uhh, babe, it's not." He said.

"Ugh, YOU!" Alya fumed but Nino quickly changed the topic. "So, what are you doing?" He said nervously. Hoping Alya would calm down.

Alya sighed and rubbed her forehead but her eyes were still twitching. "Just watching some videos on YouTube."

"Cool, I'm re-watching the Avatar series." He said happily.

"Which one?" Alya asked, suddenly interested.

"The Last Airbender."

"I'm coming over." Alya ended the call and turned her laptop off.

--

•5:01pm•

Adrien growled as he looked for any sign of the bluenette. It was already 5, and he knew Marinette was always late but IT'S ONE MINUTE PAST FIVE!

He pulled out his phone and called Nino.

"What up?" Nino answered. Adrien burst. "DUDE, WHERE'S MARINETTE?!" He shouted.

"I don't know, I did what you told me so don't blame me for the shit that happens." Nino said and ended the call.

"Alya.." He muttered angrily and called Alya.

"Yo-"

"ALYA DID YOU CALL MARINETT!?" His yells caught the attention of some passerby's but he ignored them.

"Ehh, sorry... I'll call her right now?" She laughed nervously.

Adrien scowled and aggressively ended the called. (Or should I say, Agreste-ively.....I'm sorry..)

He ran his hands through his hair and looked at the park. The lights on the trees were lit. He wanted her to be here when they were lit, than he'd lead her to the small picnic he had set up for them.

--

Alya quickly searched for Marinette's number and called her. She fumbled with her fingers while she waited for her to answer.

"Hello?"

"MARINETTE, GO TO THE PARK ASAP! GET DRESS IN NICE CLOTHES!" Alya exclaimed and ended the call without another word.

--

Marinette stared at her phone in disbelief. She was sure she turned deaf after Alya screaming.

"Okay." She said and went to take a bath. She quickly brushed her hair and got dressed.

(Please keep in mind that Author is not good at describing clothes. So use your imagination! 👐🌈 but no dirty business!)

When she was done, she grabbed her phone and ran down, past her parents who were busy with the customers, and ran to the park which was nearby.

She panted and began to walk. She didn't see Alya or anyone. Until, Adrien popped out of nowhere.

"I've been expecting you..." He said to her.

"LIKE, 40 MINUTES AGO!" He exclaimed this time and pointed to his wrist. Marinette scratched her head and gave him a confused looked. "I don't know what you're talking about. I got a call from Alya like 10 minutes ago and I came here as fast as I could." She said.

Adrien groaned. "At least you're here. C'mon." He said and grabbed her hand.

"Wait!" She said, pulling her hand back.

"What?" The blonde asked, impatiently.

"How do I know you're not gonna rape me." She narrowed her eyes at him. Adrien burst into laughter at her words. "I'm not gonna rape you!" He said when he stopped laughing.

"Well, yet." He added to tease her.

"WHAT?!"

"Kidding!....I think."

"DUDE!" She exclaimed and punched him hard.

Adrien laughed and rubbed his arm. "Gee, Mari. Relax, I'm not gonna hurt you. I like you too much." His words caused her to blush.

He led to through the bright lights and stopped at the spot where he had sat the picnic.

"Awww, Adrien! This is cute!" She cooed. Adrien blushed a little and rubbed his nape. "Your welcome."

Marinette sat down and looked at the food. "How is this all warm? You said you've been here for almost an hour!"

Adrien shrugged. He actually had to walk to a nearby restaurant to buy another meal for them because he gave the cold meal to a stray dog. And that was 5 minutes before Marinette came and he also had his bodyguard watch over the picnic.

"Yay! Pizza!" Yes, he bought pizza.

"How'd you know I like it cheesy?" Marinette asked, happily grabbing a slice and taking a bite.

"Because I'm cheesy." He grinned. She punched him. "Qwit jwoking!" Her words where muffled because of her full mouth.

Adrien chuckled and shrugged. "I didn't, I actually like this too." He said and grabbed a slice.

"This is nice." Marinette said and took another bite of her pizza.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?"

"No."

"Darn!"

She giggled at him. "Let's just enjoy this." Adrien nodded and eat his pizza.

"So..."

"Shhh!"