Chapter 51

Nino sat up and saw his wife sitting in front of him with a wide grin. "Should I be scared?" He sleepily asked.

Alya glared at him and yanked him up. "Oi," he complained. "What's up?"

"You're up. Now, go see your best friend."

"Adrien's back?!"

"No, Max is ba-OF COURSE ADRIEN!" She yelled but Nino was already in the shower.

--

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming, bro!?" Nino exclaimed, disappointed in his best friend for not telling him about his arrival.

Adrien pat his back. "I'm sorry, man. It was just...sudden." He lied. Everything was well planned.

Alya shot Adrien a look which Adrien signalled her that he had to.

Alya sighed and sat down next to Nino.

"And how did you know?!" Nino exclaimed and pointed to Alya with a suspicious look.

"Uh- Chloé told me!" She lied. Nino slouched down.

Adrien shot her a look to mock her in which she returned with a glare.

"Well, did you guys tell Marinette?" Nino asked looking back up.

"About that, bro." Adrien started. "She can't know I'm here."

Nino jolted up. "Wha-Why?! But, Adrienette." He whined.

Adrien chuckled while Alya faceplamed. "Nino, you're a grown man. Enough with this fanboy business." Alya deadpanned.

"Never."

"Nino, listen." Adrien demanded. Nino sat back down and listened attentively.

"She can't know because I'm going to propose to he-"

"AHHHHH!" Nino squealed and threw himself at Adrien.

"BLOODY HELL, ARE YOU A WOMAN?!" Alya exclaimed, leaning back from her husband.

Nino began to cry dramatically. "DEAR LORD, THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST HAPPIEST-"

Alya coughed.

"I mean - ONE OF THE MOST HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!" Nino bellowed dramatically.

Adrien pat his shoulders. "Okay, buddy."

"Hug me tighter, bro." Nino whimpered. Adrien did as he was told while Alya sighed.

---
next day•

Nathaniël and Marinette both walked out of the door and waved goodbye at their friends and bided them a Happy New Year.

"Whoa, finally. A break." Marinette said as she stretched her hands.

"Any new year resolutions, Mari?" The redhead asked. Marinette put a finger on her chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, actually yes. To wake up early." She said.

Nathaniël chuckled and shook his head. "I'd like to see that happen."

Marinette looked at him, offended by his words. "Hey, I can do it. If I mind just needs a lot of rest."

"Marinette, you sleep at 7 in evening and wake up at 8 in the morning ... How? Who needs that much sleep?" Nathaniël exclaimed in bafflement.

"Me, of course."

"Oh my gosh. You're no human." He laughed.

Marinette frowned, "No, those who are not human are the ones that sleep for 1 or 3 hours but can still go throughout the whole day without sleeping!" She vented.

"Woman, why on earth are we talking about sleep?"

"You're the one who started it."

Nathaniël chuckled at the the bluenette and stopped. "Well, we're here. You gone on home, I'll catch a cab to the hotel." Nathaniël smiled and walked away.

Marinette waved at the redhead who had gotten into a cab and left. She sighed and turned to face her parents bakery which just in front of her. Than she saw him. He was talking to his parents. His blonde hair. His back was facing her but she knew it was him.

It had to be.

"Adrien?" She called and ran to her entrance. "ADRIEN?!" She excitingly opened the door and saw. . . someone else. He looked a her quizzically as well as her parents.

"Sorry." She sighed in disappointment. "I just thought... Never mind. Mama, papa. I'll be in my room." She trudged to her room.

Once she was out of earshot, Sabine pat his head and gave the blonde in front of them a free slice of cake. "Thanks, sweetie." The boy beamed at her and left.

"Adrien, she's gone." Tom whispered to the boy hiding under the counter.

earlier•

Adrien smiled at the couple.  "Nice to see you, my boy. How are things coming along?" Tom asked.

Adrien grinned, "Everything is done. It's all smooth sailing."

"Oh, my." Sabine said wiping her eyes. "My baby will be married soon." She sniffled.

Adrien blushed and scratched his nape. "I'm sorry, I can't be here long. I have to hide from Marinette." He said cautiously.

"Why didn't you say so!" Tom panicked.

Adrien chuckled, unaware of the situation. "It's okay-"

"Quick, boy! Run behind the counter!" Tom demanded. Adrien fearfully obeyed and jumped over the counter while Tom shouted at another blonde boy who was behind Adrien. "You! Come here and act confused and you get a free slice of cake." Tom shouted. Adrien watched the boy walk quickly to were he had been standing. He crouched down when he heard his name being called, followed by the door opening. Marinette.

"Sorry." He heard her sigh. "I just thought... Never mind. Mama, papa, I'll be in my room." His heart broke when he heard the sadness in her voice. It took all his might to stop him from jumping from behind the counter and embracing her.

Dammit. But after all of this it would be worth it.

"Adrien, she's gone." He saw Tom looking at him. He nodded and stood slowly.

"Okay, be seeing you." He waved and left.

It will be worth it in the end.

---

Give it to me I'm worth it!

Uh-huh! I'm worth it!

Adrien: I'm sorry Author-chan but honestly, I'm worth it. *dramatic hair flip*

Author: °-° Uh-huh...