Chapter 44

Beeeep!

Marinette ran into her room to pick up her phone which was vibrating on her nightstand. She sighed when she saw the caller was none other than Nino. "Nino." She said.

'Marinette? Marinette?!' She grimaced and moved the phone away from her ears as he continued to scream.

"NINO! HOLY SHIT! CALM DOWN AND TALK SLOWLY!" She scream. Nino was silent for awhile before he spoke. 'Ow..my ear hurts.'

Marinette rolled her eyes, "And you think mine doesn't?" She asked sarcastically.

'Hehe, sorry. By the way, has Adrien called or texted you?'

She frowned and sat down on her bed. "No. Why?"

'Well, I've been trying to contact him all morning but he isn't responding. I'm worried.' She could tell that he was frowning.

Marinette snorted. "Maybe he's still asleep."

'No, he's usually up at around... 7 or 6.. Never wakes up late.'

"Well... Maybe his busy?" She said in an unsure tone.

'Marinette.. It's the frickin' holidays. What could he possibly busy with. . .' Nino paused for awhile before continuing. 'I'm seriously worried.'

"Okay, Nino. I'll try to contact him."

'Make sure to tell me if you did. Kay?'

"Okay. Bye."

'Buh-Bye!'

She hung up the call and began to search for Adrien's number. "Maybe I should call him." She mumbled to herself and pressed the call button.

10 minutes went by without success, and it was worrying her. She texted him 20 times but he didn't reply.

"What is he doing?" She muttered to herself as she stared at her phone.

She looked up when her door was open. "Marinette?"

"Papa? What is it?" She asked. Her eyes darted to the package in his hand. "Well this arrived and it's addressed to you." Tom said as he placed the box beside Marinette. Marinette stared at the small package that was wrapped in black wrapper.

"Thanks, Papa." She smiled and kissed her father's cheek before he left her.

She looked at the package curiously and turned it, examining it to see if she could find something that would help her figure out who the sender is.

"Hmmm..." She said as she read the writings. "To Marinette, Nino and Alya." Her eyes widened. It was from Adrien. She quickly reached for her phone and called Nino.

To her surprise, he answered pretty quickly. 'Did you manage to contact him?!' Nino exclaimed.

Marinette chose to ignore the ringing in her ears. "No but I have a package that is addressed to you, Alya and me! Come over quickly!" She ended the call before he could say anything.

---

Marinette paced around her took anxiously. She was still waiting for Alya and Nino while trying to keep her mind of the package. What could they possibly be doing?! It's already been 20 minutes! She was blaming her anxiety for her lack of patience.

The package was just sitting there. Begging to be opened. Maybe a peek wouldn't hurt.. She was his girlfriend after all. She had all the rights to open it.. But it is for Alya and Nino too.. Yeah, a peek will do.

She walked slowly to the package and picked it up. She bit her tongue and began to fumble with the wrapper.

"I hope you're not opening that without us." She heard.