Chapter 40

"Really? He can leave!" Nino's eyes lit up as the doctor nodded his head. He rushed over to Adrien, who was still asleep, and shook him away.

Adrien woke up due to being shook. "Gah! Ngh! What? What?!" He stirred. Nino let go of him. "The doctor said you can leave!" Nino smiled.

Adrien nodded sleepily. "Okay, that's nice."

"Oh, and happy new year, bro!" Nino added with a goofy grin. Adrien nodded and began to star at Nino, who became extremely uncomfortable. "Uhh, so where'd you want to go?"

"Marinette."

"Oh, okay.." Nino said awkwardly. Adrien turned and left for the bathroom while Nino's packed his stuff.

--

"Marinette! Can you wake up and help us?!" Sabine called from downstairs. Marinette, who was already away, replied in a fake sleepily voice. "Okay, mama~"

She got up from her chair and turned her computer off. "Happy New Year, Marinette." She said to herself.

She got down to the bakery, where her parents were busy with customers. She sneakily took a freshly baked cookie and stuffed in her mouth. "Hey!" She jumped when she heard the voice. "Adrien?!!"

She swallowed the cookie but it choked her. She started to hit her chest and cough furiously. "W-water!" She faintly yelled. Sabine turned and saw her daughter flailing helplessly.

"Here!" Marinette turned around and desperately took the water bottle from Adrien, who gave a worried look, and drank. It was painful feeling the food slid down her throat but afterwards, it was relieving.

"Thanks." She breathed out and gave Adrien's bottle back.

"No, problem." He beamed at her with a toothy grin. Marinette scratched her head awkwardly, "So, what are you doing- AY!" Before she could finish, she was swatted on the head by her mother.

"Mama!" She cried as she held her head.

"No stealing cookies!" Sabine scolded, giving a stern look and left. Marinette pouted and rubbed her head as Adrien watched with an amused expression.

"You okay?" He asked once she turned back to him.

"Yeah, but I should be asking you." Marinette sighed as she moved her hand away from her head.

"You bet he is! Now that he's seen you!" Nino piped in, putting a hand around Adrien's neck and nudging him.

"Nino?"

"Hey!" Nino smirked. "You know, when he came out of the hospital, he wanted to come here immediately!" Nino said, laughing warmly as he pinched Adrien's cheek. Adrien slapped him.

"Ow." Nino groaned and stepped away from him. "Anyway," Nino continued while rubbing his cheek. "Alya will be here in a few minutes. We're planning on walking around, watching everyone getting ready for New year and chilling in the Eiffel tower until the fireworks show. You in?"

Marinette didn't give it a second thought. She grinned, "Of course." Adrien gave her a bright smile which made her blush.

"Go get ready." He said. Marinette nodded and ran to her room. They both took a seat on on the the nearby chairs.

Nino was still rubbing his cheek. "Ow, bro. You slap like a girl."

"And you scream like one."

"But you look like one."

"Am I a pretty one?" Adrien teased. Nino recalled to one of their previous conversations where he had said that.

"Are you quoting Spongebob from Spongebob?" Nino asked with a sly smirk plastered on his lip.

(Edit: It's Spongebob who said that!

Author-Chan from the past: What?! I KNOW THAT!

THAN WHY THE BLOODY HELL THOSE IT SAY PATRICK!?

Author-Chan from the past: I DUNNOO??!?

FIX IT YOU LITTLE SHIT!

Author-Chan from the past: *snaps fingers*) (No friends.)

Adrien laughed. "Probably."

"You know, bro. You're quite scary when you're sick." Nino stated.

Adrien chuckled. "Do enlighten me."

Nino cleared his throat. "Let's see..oh, You literally become a savage-"

"Aren't I always?"

"No. You also become a whinny baby-"

"You're scared of babies?"

"No, it's just creepy when you call me 'mommy'."

"Oh...mommy issues?"

"Shut up!" Nino scowled at his friend who was dying of laughter.

"As I was saying, when you see Marinette, you turn into a eye rapist."

"Wait! What you said made no sense!" Adrien exclaimed. He was quite flabbergasted by the accusation.

"Yes it does! You should have seen the way you stared at her! And don't get me started on your reactions when you saw her-" Nino stopped his rambling when Adrien roads his hand to his face.

"You know what...I don't want to know."

"Okay, continuing. Do you know how creepy it is when I come out of the bathroom and you're just there, sitting and watching me motionless. I mean, I'm getting up to go use the bathroom and you're fast asleep! Than I come out and I see you there! Watching me as if you're going to kill me!" Nino exclaimed.

Adrien laughed at Nino's rants. "Okay. So I'm scary." He said sarcastically.

"Really." Nino emphasised.

"What are you guys talking about?" Both boys turned and saw Alya and Marinette standing side by side and looking down a them. Adrien stood up and shook his head. "Nothing. He was just talking about how scary I was when I'm seek."

Alya chuckled. "Yeah, you did make Marinette uncomfortable."

Adrien shot her a apologetic look which made her blush.

"Yeah, and you wondered why she didn't want to stay the night." Nino muttered.

"Anyway, never mind that! Let's go!" Alya shouted as they stepped out the bakery.