[1 Year] Chapter 45

Marinette, Nino and Alya sat in front of Nino's computer and waited for Adrien's call. It was the end of the first year without Adrien, and a lot had happened. It took sometime for Nino to adjust to the everything. Because he was his only best friend. Of course he had Alya, and Marinette to support him, but none of them understood him like Adrien. He found it creepy when they laughed at his bad jokes, he was used to being slapped or, if Adrien wasn't feeling violent, groans. He honestly missed his best friends presence. Even if they Skyped every week.

"There! He's calling!" Marinette squealed as Adrien's face appeared.

"I know, I'm amazing." Adrien said with a cocky grin.

"Hey, man. Happy New Year." Nino greeted. Adrien returned and then gave a sigh. "It's like it was just yesterday we were saying that to each other."

Alya chuckled, "Yeah, after you were discharged from the hospital and than you came-"

"Yeah, yeah! I get it! I just miss you guys!" Adrien chuckled.

"We miss you too." Marinette smiled.

"Especially, me!" Nino cuts in. Adrien chuckled, "I know you do, man. You say that every time we Skype."

Nino pushed both girls away. "THAT'S BECAUSE I MISS YOU!" He hollered. Marinette groaned and shoved him aside. "For the millionth time, Nino. I'm the fricking girlfriend."

"For the millionth time, Marinette! I'M THE BLOODY BEST FRIEND!" Nino retorted back. The two began to argue about which was more special to Adrien while Alya took the chancebti strike up a conversation with Adrien.

"So, what's it like there?" She asked. Adrien shrugged, "It's okay, I guess. It's pretty boring if you ask me. I miss Paris." He sighed.

Alya's expression suddenly hardened. "Have you been seeing anyone?" Adrien's eyes widened. "Of course not! I would never do that to M'lady!" He exclaimed. Alya smiled, "Good. Cause remember, if you do-"

"Yes, yes. You'll break my bones." He repeated while rolling his eyes. Marinette had told him what had Alya said if he did cheat on her.

Alya smiled innocently. "What makes you think the first part was a mistake?" The colour from his face drained. "I will break your balls, Agreste." Alya moved closer to the screen with a threatening look.

"Move away, Alya!" Nino exclaimed and shoved Alya off.

Alya stumbled back but regained her balance. "If you shive me one more time, I will break YOUR balls!" She glared at Nino.

"Haha." Adrien laughed while his friend cowered in fear. "Sorry, babe!" Nino grinned..with fear.

Marinette scoffed at him and slaooed his head before turning to Adrien. "How long can you be online?"

"Hmm, dad and I are going to have dinner. We'll be out till 12, soooo... This is the only time I've got." Adrien frowned.

Marinette and Nino frowned as well, but Alya only sighed. Sometimes, she feels as if Nino was competing with Marinette for Adrien. And she is Nino's girlfriend!

"When will that be?" She asked. Adrien brought his wrist up and glanced at his watch. "Ehh.. 7:30. Which is 40 minutes time."

"Oh...but call us tomorrow okay?" Nino said. Adrien nodded and waved. "Kay, bye guys."

"Bye!" The three of them waved. Before the call ended, Nino quickly added, "I LOVE YOU!"

Marinette slapped his cheek.

"Honestly, why do you have to abuse me like this?" Nino whined as he rubbed his cheek. Marinette smirked and flicked the side of his head.

"Stop attacking my boyfriend." Alya said in a bored tone. Nino turned to her with an expression of fake hurt. "You hurt me so much you know. Right here." He put his hands on his chest.

"Okay, whatever. Let's go, Nathaniël and Chloé are waiting for us." Alya reminded the two. Marinette nodded and got up from her seat, not after pulling a chunk of Nino's hair, and ran down. Nino groaned and stood up while mumbling about man rights.

While Alya jumped on his back for a piggy ride.

--

"Honestly, I can't believe the years go by so fast. I feel so old. I want to cry." Nino sighed as he leaned onto Alya. Alya chuckled, "You are old."

"How dare yo-" Before Nino could get up and start to protest, Alya grabbed his head and shoved him back to his previous position. "Shut up and enjoy this!" They laid back and gazed at the light up tower from the hotel.

"Are they always like this?" Nathaniël turned to Marinette who was sitting on the far end all by herself.

(ALL BY MYSELF!!!)

"No. It's mostly me and Nino arguing." She stated.

"For what?" Chloé tilted her head to the side.

"Adrien."

Nathaniël and Chloé held back their laughter.

"Nino is gay for Adrien." Marinette stated again.

"And you're not bothered by that?" Chloé raised an eyebrow. Marinette shook her head and giggled. "It's kind of cute. I ship it but Adrien's...disturbed by the fact that I ship Adrino." She began to ramble on about how she had mentioned the shipping name to Adrien, and how he looked so afraid, and Nino was so delighted, and how Alya almost killed her for doing so. "Alya is really possessive. She somehow got my parents on her side and they began to gang up on me for shipping her boyfriend with my boyfriend. And the reason. They wanted 'Adrienette Babies'. THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUBJECT!" She ended it there.

Nathaniël scratched his head. "Well, just look at it this way. If Adrien hooks up with Nino, there would be Adrino babies. So if you and Adrien hook up, which you already are, there WILL be Adrienette babies."

Marinette narrowed her eyes. "What's with the emphasis on that will?"

"Nothing." Nathaniël said quickly and hid his face behind Chloé.

"Okay, 2 minutes until midnight." Nino announced.

"I have to pee." Marinette announced and ran out.

"Okay." Nathaniël said.

"Did not need to know that." Nino said.

Chloé and Alya shrugged.

--

Marinette ran down but didn't go to the bathroom. Heck, she didn't need to go. She only wanted to leave so she wouldn't feel so lonely while watching her friends kiss. She also wanted to text Adrien. But she knew he'd be asleep. The times were different.

Adrien was probably asleep.

Maybe she should be too.

She texted Alya and told her she was going home.

She left before Alya could text her back.