Something's Different About Her

Harry's P.O.V-

Last night I didn't get a very good sleep after my small encounter with her. For that split second I had felt a weird, warm feeling when I had seen her face, it was unlike anything I had ever seen before. Everytime I tried to fall asleep it just kept coming back to me, how her eyes had widened at my sight and how I could she the ghost of a blush spread on her beautiful features......wait, what? What am I thinking? Shit! I should probably get ready for school now.

After a quick breakfast, I hugged my mum and stepped out of the house. I heard a voice to my right.

'Bye mum, bye dad!'

I turned to face none other than the reason behind my sleepless night, Amelia. She wore a loose purple sweater along with a pair of black skinny jeans, her long brown hair flowed down in beautiful natural curls. I had noticed that about her hair the first time I had met her.

She ran out of the house and stopped abruptly when she spotted me staring at her. Suddenly her expression turned to one of disgust and hatred. She quickly walked past me with her backpack slung over one shoulder. I stood waiting for the group to arrive, as soon as I watched her turn the bend I felt someone slap my back, hard.

'Hey man!'

And I didn't even have to turn around to tell that it was Louis.

'Hey' I said, feeling a little angry when the events from yesterday flashed into my head but I decided to shrug it off. He was my best friend, I couldn't be mad at him for some girl I don't even know properly. I gave him a tight hug and the reaction was immediate as he hugged the air out of me. God I don't know what I would do without him. Soon enough we're on the way to school.

As I sat in my homeroom, I watched Amelia sitting two desks ahead of me, she was reading something. I still felt bad as I thought about the band-aid on her face. Soon the teacher entered and started talking. He was talking about some stupid essay we had to write this week and submit it on Monday. It was about, memories. How memories were a special part of human life and how precious they are. How each of us have different memories, good and bad and how they hold the power of changing our moods when they flash back in our minds. I thought it was a stupid topic. Absolute time waste. As I glanced at Amelia to see her reaction (Since when do I care about her reactions? This is crazy), I saw happiness in her eyes. It seemed like the topic pleased her and she looked eager to do it.

When the teacher dismissed us, I checked my timetable to see that I have English now. As I walked into English, again I spotted Amelia, God does she have all her classes with me? But luckily this time I had Niall and Zayn with me. Zayn sat beside me while for some reason Niall decided to sit beside Amelia. What's up with him?

I watched him ask her if he could sit next to her and he thought for a moment before shaking her head yes. Niall gave her a bright smile which she gladly returned. Her smile, it was beautiful. No I'm not supposed to think that way! She hurt my best mate! But then again, why was she smiling at Niall while she gave me a disgusted look? Doesn't she know that Niall is also a part of the group? GOD IT SHOULDN'T MATTER TO YOU HARRY!

I took a deep breath and felt Zayn's hand on my shoulder. 'Is everything okay Harry?'

Was my pointless frustration that obvious?

'Yeah, I'm okay Z.' I said adding a smile to make it reassuring.

'Okay but if anything is wrong you can always talk to me about it, you know that right?' He asked innocently.

'Yeah Zayn, I know. Don't worry, I'm just a little worried about the essay.' I lied.

He raised an eyebrow at me, 'Since when do you worry about schoolwork Harry?' He said smirking.

'Since about an hour ago, I guess.' I said grinning.

Our teacher, Mr.Warner walked in and soon started the usual boring talking about Shakespeare and his plays and stuff. Honestly, I couldn't care less. I brought out my phone and started texting. I was so into it that I didn't even notice Mr.Warner walking towards me. I was snapped out of it by the sharp sound of his voice.

'Mr.Styles I thought I had already warned you two times earlier for using your phone during class.' He said, his voiced laced with anger, not that it bothered me anyways.

'Yeah. I'm sorry Mr.Warner, won't happen again.' I said casually.

That seemed to anger him even more, 'Detention after school' he said strictly.

God seriously?

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Amelia smirking at me, Niall gave me a sympathetic look.

After English, Physics and Calculus we finally had break. As I walked towards the usual place where the group would hangout, I saw all of them were present, eating, chatting and laughing their asses off at some stupid joke.

As I walked in and sat on a chair, Perrie offered me a burger. I took it and mouthed a thanks to her.

'You know guys Haz got detention after school, and I saw that newbie Amelia, smirking at Haz when Mr.Warner scolded him.' Zayn declared.

'She's such a bitch' Sophia said, looking angry.

'Looks like she has forgotten the lesson I had taught her yesterday' Louis said cracking his knuckles. I had a bad feeling that he had something bad in store for Amelia.

'Okay so let's get you a partner in detention Haz' Lou said grinning.

Fine, maybe she deserves whatever is gonna happen to her, she shouldn't have enjoyed my bad luck. But haven't I done it a million times too? Uggh I don't care.